Unt Overlooked In Jjt Article

glick1980

Perhaps someone would be so kind as to send him a little note and remind him about UNT and UTA. I am thinking UNT could take both TCU and SMU right now....and, of course, UTA! Whose Number 1 in the Metroplex???? THE MEAN GREEN of course.

GO MEAN GREEN...Beat Troy!

This is beyond sad...

Do you think he really does not know we're D1? If so, the dude deserves all of the flack he's getting in the comment section. Hopefully he'll remember next time...

If however, this was meant as an extreme slight to UNT, and a smaller slight to UTA, then the guy deserves kicks to the crotch from both schools teams, ladies and mens. 1 kick per player.

Lets try this headline JJT:

There's no reason that Kevin Sherrington and Tim Cowlishaw should not be writing stories about the Mean Green.

But he say's it while mocking us. A complete slap to our faces in my opinion.

Rick

Ahhh, I was skimming. I see that now.

I still think the bottom line of the article is him pointing out that SMU and TCU need to get their sh*t together or get new coaches...but yes, a dig to UNT for sure.

I think its our duty to spam the hell out of that column.

What I wrote to the Sports Editor of the DMN Garry Leavell @ gleavell@dallasnews.com

Garry,

I find the lack of coverage of the UNT participation in the SBC Championship Game Tonight very very discomforting to say the least. To add insult to injury your staff has decided that heavily promoting an article about TCU and SMU's lack of a basketball program that performs was more valuable to your readers than reading about UNT's season long accomplishments and potential tournament appearance decided tonight. With over 100,000 Alumni in the DFW area, the 4th largest school in Texas is just up the street and many consider Denton to be as part of DFW as is Rowlett or Grapevine. How could you justify burying the story of UNT over this coulda, woulda, shoulda story of two schools that combined do not have the active enrollment of UNT? I find it very uncouth to have made this decision which has obviously (see the comments on the story) disturbed many of your readers. JJT is already considered by many to be a controversial figure but his article has placed the nail in the coffin for my opinion of him as a true local news writer. Some facts about UNT's season that should be brought to reader attention are as follows:

1.) Second Tourney visit (potentially) in 4 yrs.

2.) Johnny Jones is in his 7th year as a coach and we have now had over 4 yrs in a row of 20+ win seasons

3.) We beat OSU on our turf last year and had a very formidable game against top 25 ranked TAMU this year (outscoring them second half)

4.) We set a school record in most games won in a season

5.) Most of our talent returns next year for another round of a great season

Please ensure that tomorrow's headlines incorporate a least a little bit of enthusiasm for DFW's largest school and their hard-earned and triumphant season of basketball.

Thanks so much,

Jozef Foerch

• Upvote 2

What I wrote to the Sports Editor of the DMN Garry Leavell @ gleavell@dallasnews.com

Garry,

I find the lack of coverage of the UNT participation in the SBC Championship Game Tonight very very discomforting to say the least. To add insult to injury your staff has decided that heavily promoting an article about TCU and SMU's lack of a basketball program that performs was more valuable to your readers than reading about UNT's season long accomplishments and potential tournament appearance decided tonight. With over 100,000 Alumni in the DFW area, the 4th largest school in Texas is just up the street and many consider Denton to be as part of DFW as is Rowlett or Grapevine. How could you justify burying the story of UNT over this coulda, woulda, shoulda story of two schools that combined do not have the active enrollment of UNT? I find it very uncouth to have made this decision which has obviously (see the comments on the story) disturbed many of your readers. JJT is already considered by many to be a controversial figure but his article has placed the nail in the coffin for my opinion of him as a true local news writer. Some facts about UNT's season that should be brought to reader attention are as follows:

1.) Second Tourney visit (potentially) in 4 yrs.

2.) Johnny Jones is in his 7th year as a coach and we have now had over 4 yrs in a row of 20+ win seasons

3.) We beat OSU on our turf last year and had a very formidable game against top 25 ranked TAMU this year (outscoring them second half)

4.) We set a school record in most games won in a season

5.) Most of our talent returns next year for another round of a great season

Please ensure that tomorrow's headlines incorporate a least a little bit of enthusiasm for DFW's largest school and their hard-earned and triumphant season of basketball.

Thanks so much,

Jozef Foerch

Nice job. Thank you.