Spring Games Attendance

KRAM1

A report in today's Wall Street Journal indicates that Nebraska has sold...that's SOLD... 57,700 tickets to its April 17th spring game SO FAR! At this rate they will probably sell out for the spring game! WOW! I know UNT is not Nebraska, and that UNT does not have the "tradition within its fan base to fill a stadium for the spring game. So, I am not trying to compare the two. However, I do think it is great that Nebraska can do this and I look forward to the day when UNT will build a BIG EVENT around its spring game.

I am looking forward to being there this year, and think the Sunday date might help attendance, tailgate efforts, etc. I give Nebraska all the "props" for what it is doing, and will look forward to UNT having its largest ever spring game turnout. By then we will all need a good football "fix"...tailgating allowed!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN...

57,700 tickets SOLD so far!!!!! I can only dream...but, you never know with the new stadium what might just happen with UNT's fan base....

If we can get 10% of Nebraska's spring game sales in attendance that would be fantastic!

I don't mind the Sunday game except that some of us will be coming from church and live an hour or more away and it may cut into tailgating time.

Other than that, we should be very interested in seeing the new coaches and players and look for improvement in the impact players on offense and defense.

If we can get 10% of Nebraska's spring game sales in attendance that would be fantastic!

I don't mind the Sunday game except that some of us will be coming from church and live an hour or more away and it may cut into tailgating time.

Other than that, we should be very interested in seeing the new coaches and players and look for improvement in the impact players on offense and defense.

Do we know what time the game is set to start?

I think that in the new stadium with full concessions we might start averaging 6K or more. we just need to make it an "event". People don't need much of an excuse to hang out on a nice spring day with tailgating and "football". Notice I put football in quotes. :rolleyes:

Just watching this construction go up I can't help but think that the new stadium and surrounding areas are going to be a fantastic place for tailgating and letting the kids run around like maniacs. It isn't so close to major freeways and traffic like fouts is today and there is just so much open space out there. Going to be great.

Edited by Stan R
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A report in today's Wall Street Journal indicates that Nebraska has sold...that's SOLD... 57,700 tickets to its April 17th spring game SO FAR! At this rate they will probably sell out for the spring game! WOW! I know UNT is not Nebraska, and that UNT does not have the "tradition within its fan base to fill a stadium for the spring game. So, I am not trying to compare the two. However, I do think it is great that Nebraska can do this and I look forward to the day when UNT will build a BIG EVENT around its spring game.

I am looking forward to being there this year, and think the Sunday date might help attendance, tailgate efforts, etc. I give Nebraska all the "props" for what it is doing, and will look forward to UNT having its largest ever spring game turnout. By then we will all need a good football "fix"...tailgating allowed!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN...

57,700 tickets SOLD so far!!!!! I can only dream...but, you never know with the new stadium what might just happen with UNT's fan base....

I can all but guarantee you that even after the new stadium's completion we won't be within 27,000 tickets sold of Nebraska's current number.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Nebraska's spring game attendance for the past several years are below.

I rounded the numbers to the nearest thousand. If memory serves, Nebraska

has charged a nominal amount for entrance with kids getting in for free if

they pledge not to do drugs.

2009 - 77000

2008 - 80000

2007 - 54000

2006 - 58000

2005 - 63000

2004 - 61000

A report in today's Wall Street Journal indicates that Nebraska has sold...that's SOLD... 57,700 tickets to its April 17th spring game SO FAR!

GO MEAN GREEN...

This is also the first time the wall street journal has reported on anything about Nebraska since 2009.

This is also the first time the wall street journal has reported on anything about Nebraska since 2009.

The year 2010 is only two months and 5 days old. So 2009 wasn't that long ago.