Article On Greg Peterson Hire

Welcome, Coach Peterson, to the Mean Green Nation. We are happy to have you...and look forward to a much improved receiving corps in 2010!

I am pumped, it looks like TD is setting up a star studded cast of coaches, I think we are reaching a very favorable situation to meet the objectives set for next season. We may see a bowl game yet.

I don't think I have seen the now positive TFLF (I am still getting used to the idea of a positive TFLF)thoughts on this hire. I hope TFLF gives us his newest view of TD being a great general manager of the team.

Edited by KingDL1

Coach Peterson will have a very good group of experienced North Texas WR's to coach. There are 10

WR's that caught passes in the 09 season. This season Tyler Stradford can play! The staff added

JUCO transfer Christopher Barnes, 6-1, 210 with the 2010 class, who turns out ot be the mystery

stelth recruit of the class. Starters Darius Carey, Jamaal Jackson, Mike Outlaw, BJ Lewis return, which will give Coach Peterson a good start for the 2010 season. Depth with Rucker, Johnson, Lott,

Bingham, and Brown.

Does this not concern anyone:

Greg Peterson enters his second season at Colorado State, his 26th year in the profession. He joined the Rams on Jan. 14, 2008. Peterson not only served as the Rams' offensive coordinator, but also coached the wide receivers...

So he has gone from the Mountain West Offensive coordinator to a struggling SunBelt WR coach?!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I am pumped, it looks like TD is setting up a star studded cast of coaches, I think we are reaching a very favorable situation to meet the objectives set for next season. We may see a bowl game yet.

I don't think I have seen the now positive TFLF (I am still getting used to the idea of a positive TFLF)thoughts on this hire. I hope TFLF gives us his newest view of TD being a great general manager of the team.

Sorry, guys. Very busy at work these days...which is good!

The off-season has been a dream! We've got a full compliment of college coaches on board, and Todd Dodge has agreed to let them run the show from gameplanning to playcalling. It's 21st Century coaching.

Todd Dodge isn't the only coach who has wisely chosen to play CEO. The first coach to openly do it was Steve Spurrier, who turned the defense over to his defensive coordinators and left them alone. With all that is expected of football programs these days, you can't have a guy be and do everything. I think Dodge tried to do that at first.

Todd Dodge has some ideas about offense. Fine. But, his style of implementing them into the FBS-level of college play didn't work. There's no sin in that. Many coaches fail at this level.

What Dodge has chosen to do (and, at this point, whether it's of his own volition or Rick Villareal's is irrelevant to me) will have North Texas competing for the Sun Belt title in 2010. And, I think we'll win it.

Therefore, I believe his off-season decisions not only help the team, but will give him a long career in college coaching...if he choses to stay. The hallmark of a good NFL coach is managing the ship. If you're at the wheel, you can't also be hoisting and setting the sails. I think Dodge has learned this and we will all reap the benefits in 2010 and beyond, yo.

Does this not concern anyone:

Greg Peterson enters his second season at Colorado State, his 26th year in the profession. He joined the Rams on Jan. 14, 2008. Peterson not only served as the Rams' offensive coordinator, but also coached the wide receivers...

So he has gone from the Mountain West Offensive coordinator to a struggling SunBelt WR coach?!

FAU didn't seem too worried about Schnelly. There are a lot of young up and comers who are the hot commodity of the day. That can make it more difficult for a more experienced coach at times. Not worried about it.