Unt Is Regular Season Champions

UNTflyer

Yes, we are co-champions of the regular season. If you look in the list of previous champions, you will see there are multiple champions of the regular season every year, and a separate list for the tournament champion.

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4100&ATCLID=919677

So... yes! Congratulations to the Mean Green on their regular season championship!

If troy wins the conference then we do, if not then they get it

No. For proof, look at last year when UALR and WKU both finished 15-3 but WKU was the 1 seed. WKU wins the tournament, WKU gets the NCAA bid, and nobody from the Sun Belt is guaranteed the slot in the NIT.

UALR didn't get the 1 seed, they didn't get the auto spot in the NIT, and they got passed over. If we don't win the SBC Tournament, we will, too.

No. For proof, look at last year when UALR and WKU both finished 15-3 but WKU was the 1 seed. WKU wins the tournament, WKU gets the NCAA bid, and nobody from the Sun Belt is guaranteed the slot in the NIT.

UALR didn't get the 1 seed, they didn't get the auto spot in the NIT, and they got passed over. If we don't win the SBC Tournament, we will, too.

Still a little confused, so Troy gets the #1 seed and they get the Auto NIT bid?

Who do you see winning it, besides the Mean Green?

Until wKu is knocked off the crown , I have to give them the nod.

If we see them in the final we would see a team playing their 4th game in as many days. They have to potentially go thru Arkansas State & Troy before they even get to the championship game.

Until wKu is knocked off the crown , I have to give them the nod.

If we see them in the final we would see a team playing their 4th game in as many days. They have to potentially go thru Arkansas State & Troy before they even get to the championship game.

That would be the reason I'd like our chances against them in that game if we both make it

Who do you see winning it, besides the Mean Green?

I'll probably do another long-ass breakdown (just my opinion) of how it could all shake out.

I think we're a pretty strong favorite, considering our talent, our bye, and our path to the final game. But I still don't put our chances any higher than 30-35%. It's a very open field among the top 5 teams, and either 8 or 9 has what it takes to get hot and take the tournament, too.

The only teams I'd rule out are UNO, UALR, Denver, ULL, ULM, and FIU. ULL, only because they've been terrible outside of Lafayette and they're shorthanded. And I'd only rule the Golden Panthers out of a championship, because FIU matches up well enough with everyone they'd face that they still have a slim but not impossible chance of winning our side of the bracket and making the finals.