Canada's Hockey Team Is Getting A Gold Medal But The Usa Beat Them

Keith7

It is total obvious that the USA won the gold.

For a complete breakdown, see my post in the non-UNT sports forum:

If this were the Sun Belt Conference, the USA would win the gold medal because of the following scenerio:

Both teams played each other twice and are tied 1-1 in head-to-head. Team USA won the first game 5-3 in regulation. Canada won the second game 3-2 in OT. The USA therefore holds a 7-6 combined goal advantage over the Canadians, plus Canada has 2 losses in the tournament (comparable to conference play), while the USA has only one.

All this clearly shows that the USA won the gold.... if this were the Sun Belt Conference.

Somehow, somewhere, FIU is responsible for that overtime goal.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Oops I thought complaining about not getting first based on rules used year after year and that are pretty common was the "in" thing to do around the forum these days. My mistake!

Every American in general should get a gold medal for complaining. It's the American way !

• Upvote 2

Oops I thought complaining about not getting first based on rules used year after year and that are pretty common was the "in" thing to do around the forum these days. My mistake!

The rules are clearly laid out for the Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals and there is no chance of a three way tie like what we had in the Sun Belt. It's all been decided head-to-head. That wasn't our case, where a quirky rule interpretation was used to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Where I think your argument loses merit is that this is all decided head-to-head; if you lose 2 twice in the Olympic Hockey tournament, you're out. Yes, Canada lost to the US early on, but they won all the other games they played and got back into the Gold Medal match. Those were the rules, everyone knew them, and they are equitable.

Please try to find a more apples to apples comparison.

The USA beat Canada earlier in the olympics but Canada gets to be no. 1? these rules are screwy and that's an outrage! The IOC better be glad I'm not going where ever they are or I would give them a piece of my mind!!

Dude, I gave you a plus 1. Everyone who gave you a -1 should get a -5 for the inability to recognize a sarcastic post.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Dude, I gave you a plus 1. Everyone who gave you a -1 should get a -5 for the inability to recognize a sarcastic post.

I only gave a - 1 because I know he gave himself a + 1 . So it balances itself out. One should'nt give oneself a +1. If you don't agree with that than I'll give u a -1 !!!

F Lee Jackson

F the SunBelt &

F Canada !!!

F everyone .. I'm in a bad mood today !!

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

I only gave a - 1 because I know he gave himself a + 1 . So it balances itself out. One should'nt give oneself a +1. If you don't agree with that than I'll give u a -1 !!!

F Lee Jackson

F the SunBelt &

F Canada !!!

F everyone .. I'm in a bad mood today !!

eff canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

The USA beat Canada earlier in the olympics but Canada gets to be no. 1? these rules are screwy and that's an outrage! The IOC better be glad I'm not going where ever they are or I would give them a piece of my mind!!

Dude. Tone is a pretty subtle thing to pick up on message boards I guess. I thought this was funny. Next time I make a facetious post, I'm slapping up a big Bill Engvall-style sign to avoid confusion:

sarcasm1.gif