http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/feb/26/obama-listens-at-health-summit-but-mostly-hears-fr/

what concerne me was obama ending the summit with the statement of, and i paraphrase, i don't care what you (republicans) want we are going to pass this bill and let the people decide at the polls if they like it because that what elections are for.

1. arrogance.

2. we can not pay for all the entitlements we currently have.

3. this is 17% of our economy.

4. america is currently bankrupt without this bill.

on the other side if you agree or not it is constitutional if the dems go reconciliation and pass this with 51 votes. it is not like bush did not use reconciliation.

if it does pass the dems will take a beating in nov. 2010 elections.

unfortunately bho will be with us another 2 1/2 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And the elected officials can't understand why it is that people no longer trust them? Check out the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKc4B2tdnuw&feature=player_embedded

Really dude? Really? Your that arrogant? You think everyone in that room and watching this on tv is that stupid to believe that? What I would have liked to have seen is someone with this video of him saying that last Sunday on a lap top to play for all to hear in that room yesterday and watch him squirm while watching it.

Rick

While technically legal, Reconciliation has never been used to thwart the apparent will of the American People. Reconciliation is generally reserved for getting budgets and tax issues through, and in what research I could find, hasn't been used ever before to pass a social program of any scale, much less a game changer like this one. While I think they will most likely make this move, I'm not sure it will be successful. The fear in the ranks are the same as in the fear of the leadership. The leadership is willing to take a major hit in November because of what passing this bill does for their long term power base. ...but will individual democrats sacrifice their careers to throw Obama a bone? It will be interesting to see. If they push forward with this, I would expect to see protests all over the country and capital hill like this generation has never seen.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/feb/26/obama-listens-at-health-summit-but-mostly-hears-fr/

what concerne me was obama ending the summit with the statement of, and i paraphrase, i don't care what you (republicans) want we are going to pass this bill and let the people decide at the polls if they like it because that what elections are for.

1. arrogance.

2. we can not pay for all the entitlements we currently have.

3. this is 17% of our economy.

4. america is currently bankrupt without this bill.

on the other side if you agree or not it is constitutional if the dems go reconciliation and pass this with 51 votes. it is not like bush did not use reconciliation.

if it does pass the dems will take a beating in nov. 2010 elections.

unfortunately bho will be with us another 2 1/2 years.

Could you not paraphrase...so as to actually provide an actual frame of reference rather than just biasly re-wording something that could be easily reproduced and then commented upon?

That'd be swell.

• Upvote 1

Could you not paraphrase...so as to actually provide an actual frame of reference rather than just biasly re-wording something that could be easily reproduced and then commented upon?

That'd be swell.

Maybe I can help. Here are two quotes from the summit about the current bill in reference to the government's action or inaction...

"Harvard just completed a study that shows 45,000 Americans die every year because they don't have health insurance, almost 1,000 a week in America." — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid

"We can't afford this. That is the ultimate problem here." — Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va.

MSNBC

My point being that there was conversation on scrapping the current bill due to cost concerns and starting over as Rep. Cantor pointed out, and there was conversation about how important it is to pass the bill immediately due to public concern as pointed out by Sen. Reid.

I have not yet been able to find a quote from a democrat that speaks about, even in passing, the overall costs of the bill and their effects on the American economy or government debt or deficit spending in general. The republicans were speaking about that repeatedly, and seemed to be ignored by their Democratic colleagues.

Just in case you want to read the transcript you can find it here.

In referencing back to Harry Reid's ridiculous comments during last week's summit about how it is the Republicans, not the Democrats, who continue to bring up "Reconcilation".

ABC News: President Obama to Say Democrats Will Use Reconciliation to Pass Senate Health Care Reform Fix, If Not Given Up or Down Vote

White House officials tell ABC News that in his remarks tomorrow President Obama will indicate a willingness to work with Republicans on some issue to get a health care reform bill passed but will suggest that if it is necessary, Democrats will use the controversial "reconciliation" rules requiring only 51 Senate votes to pass the "fix" to the Senate bill, as opposed to the 60 votes to stop a filibuster and proceed to a vote on a bill.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 1

Obamacare: Still a Threat to Your Life

The true reality of last week's health care summit, what was really going on between the lines, was ugly and scary. I have been deeply involved in these health care debates for almost 30 years, ever since I co-authored the first paper published on Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) with John Goodman in 1981. What the health summit made clear to me is that the Democrats do not understand what the Republicans are talking about on health care. Indeed, they have no idea what the American people are talking about either, or why growing majorities of us oppose what they are trying to do.

But it gets even worse. The health summit made clear that the Democrats do not understand what they themselves are doing on health care. They have been misled and manipulated by left-wing ideologues.

The decimation of our health care system under Obamacare begins with government mandates, regulations, bureaucracies, and controls. The House and Senate health care bills that President Obama and the Democrats refuse to take off the table create close to 100 new health care bureaucracies, boards, commissions and programs. This is the government takeover of health care.

These new authorities arrogate to the government the power to decide "what works" in health care, and what doesn't. The code words they use include "best practices" -- a government bureaucracy in Washington is going to decide what are the "best practices" in providing health care for you and your children, not you and your doctor. Another code phrase is "reward doctors for quality not quantity." Government bureaucracies in Washington do not know how to do this. But they will make a huge mess out of your health care in trying to.

These government bureaucracies will also have the power to cut off your health care when they decide it is no longer worth the money. We have already seen a glimpse of this in the declaration by a bureaucracy, to be expanded with more powers under Obamacare, that women over 72 should not have mammograms. What they are saying here is that if you are over 72 and get breast cancer, they don't want to know about it. Just take the painkiller and go home, to paraphrase President Obama. They believe they can buy more votes taking the money for your care and spending it somewhere else. This is called "cost effectiveness."

Reconciliation is a process solely for enacting budgetary measures to reduce the deficit, not sweeping, historic reforms involving adoption of the costliest new entitlement in history. Proceeding with President Obama's health care overhaul through reconciliation would flout Congressional rules way beyond any historical precedent.

But what is adopted by reconciliation can and will be repealed by reconciliation, setting a precedent for future entitlement reforms using the same process.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 2