Dave Campbell's Winter Issue

Side Show Joe

I just found a copy of the winter issue. It's got Jordan Shipley and Jerry Hughes on the cover. Did any of you guys know it was out? The North Texas section is nice.

Yep, I got a complimentary copy back in January. It hit the shelves about two weeks before national signing day. This is just the second year of publication for the DCTF winter edition and I'm not sure how much longer it will last. They had two versions ready to go this year - the one that printed and an alternate version that would have been a special commemorative issue, devoted primarily to Texas Longhorn coverage, had UT been victorious in the national championship game.

It's a fraction of the size of the fall issue and the information is already dated as soon as it's printed. For example, it shows Javia Hall committed to North Texas - we all know how that turned out. I think it would make more sense for them to hold off until after signing day, but I guess they prefer to wait until the fall issue to provide more in-depth analysis of each school's signing class.

Aside from the above comments, I guess it provides a decent enough recap of the season. Personally, and this is not a knock on Vito (he authors most of the DCTF coverage on UNT), I'd love to see a different perspective on UNT football every now and then. For that reason, I found the ESPN article by Graham Watson interesting.

• Upvote 1

Yep, I got a complimentary copy back in January. It hit the shelves about two weeks before national signing day. This is just the second year of publication for the DCTF winter edition and I'm not sure how much longer it will last. They had two versions ready to go this year - the one that printed and an alternate version that would have been a special commemorative issue, devoted primarily to Texas Longhorn coverage, had UT been victorious in the national championship game.

It's a fraction of the size of the fall issue and the information is already dated as soon as it's printed. For example, it shows Javia Hall committed to North Texas - we all know how that turned out. I think it would make more sense for them to hold off until after signing day, but I guess they prefer to wait until the fall issue to provide more in-depth analysis of each school's signing class.

Aside from the above comments, I guess it provides a decent enough recap of the season. Personally, and this is not a knock on Vito (he authors most of the DCTF coverage on UNT), I'd love to see a different perspective on UNT football every now and then. For that reason, I found the ESPN article by Graham Watson interesting.

Well, I'm late to this party. I'd been looking for it sense December, and just found a copy today. Thank for catching me up to speed, and sorry for posting on an old topic.

Well, I'm late to this party. I'd been looking for it sense December, and just found a copy today. Thank for catching me up to speed, and sorry for posting on an old topic.

No worries - I wasn't suggesting that it was an old topic and I apologize if I made it seem that way. DCTF's winter edition will probably be on the shelf for some time still. Because of my job, I get my copy the day before it actually hits the shelves. I was being more critical of DCTF's winter edition, than I was of your post. IMO, the winter edition leaves much to be desired and is a far cry from what I've come to expect of DCTF.