Hoops Recruit

MeanGreen61

Sounds like a promising pickup. I thought we only had one scholarship available tho -- did DJ not get his medical red shirt?

If he didn't, I'd have expected Vito to break that news. And considering how obsessively we tend to follow this basketball team... If neither you or I has heard it, I'd be surprised if that information was out there and we both missed reading or hearing it.

I think Vito just lost track of the fact that we only have one player with expiring eligibility and one scholarship to give. He even mentions in the post that DJ will be back from a redshirt year next season.

If he didn't, I'd have expected Vito to break that news. And considering how obsessively we tend to follow this basketball team... If neither you or I has heard it, I'd be surprised if that information was out there and we both missed reading or hearing it.

I think Vito just lost track of the fact that we only have one player with expiring eligibility and one scholarship to give. He even mentions in the post that DJ will be back from a redshirt year next season.

Vito and I discussed last season that Cam Spencer may not actually be on scholarship..at least not basketball scholarship.

If we do have one free...I pray it goes here: Konner Tucker

NT03 and myself figured Edwards would be the first to sign...I checked rivals earlier today and they're no longer listing Ross-Miller as considerring UNT.

Edwards is currently 4th in scoring at Lon Morris...through 12 games he is shooting 47% from the field (40-85), 39% from 3pt (11-28), but a very shaky 49% from the line (21-43).

• Upvote 2

Edwards is currently 4th in scoring at Lon Morris...through 12 games he is shooting 47% from the field (40-85), 39% from 3pt (11-28), but a very shaky 49% from the line (21-43).

Don't worry about his free-throw shooting, CBL. I checked their roster, and the Lakers had THREE 6'8" forwards on their roster last year, and they won the NBA finals!

Seriously, though... It's strange that the guy shoots just 10% better from the line than he does from the arc.

Given our returning roster and our immediate need(s?) for the upcoming season, I'm pretty satisfied.

Given our returning roster and our immediate need(s?) for the upcoming season, I'm pretty satisfied.

Yeah...but if this is our only scholarship and we could've landed Tucker or Ross-Miller I'd have rather rolled with O, Hogans, Holman and Spencer up front next season.

Yeah...but if this is our only scholarship and we could've landed Tucker or Ross-Miller I'd have rather rolled with O, Hogans, Holman and Spencer up front next season.

I know that whle I am a fan of basketball I am out of my league of our team recruiting wise. Give me some help here.

I look at NT's current roster and it shows 4 seniors:

Dominique Johnson understand he will return

Antone Matlock Sr. Guard...is he on ship or not?

Matluch Antwone Guard...is he on ship or not?

Eric Tramiel...will graduate

Alonzo Edwards seems to be the ideal JJ recruit with some good credentials 3*, should have 2 years to play..as sr in HS he had 18 pts, 12 rebounds and 3 blocked shots per game 1st team all state and all conference won All America honors.

ranked # 13 by TX Hoops, top 25 rating. redshirted his fr year at Neb...played his rs fr year..went to lon Morris played one year...should have 2 years to play

I know that whle I am a fan of basketball I am out of my league of our team recruiting wise. Give me some help here.

Matluch Antwone Guard...is he on ship or not?

Eric Tramiel...will graduate

Alonzo Edwards seems to be the ideal JJ recruit with some good credentials 3*, should have 2 years to play..as sr in HS he had 18 pts, 12 rebounds and 3 blocked shots per game 1st team all state and all conference won All America honors.

ranked # 13 by TX Hoops, top 25 rating. redshirted his fr year at Neb...played his rs fr year..went to lon Morris played one year...should have 2 years to play

OT, the only scholarship player who runs out of eligibility this year is Tramiel. Dom should get his medical redshirt with no problems (he's still in a cast) and anyone else on the roster that's a senior is a walk-on.

Edwards takes the scholarship that fills our only departing slot, the one vacated by Tramiel.

Matluch Antwone Guard...is he on ship or not?Eric Tramiel...will graduate

I believe those 2 are the same person , Antwone Matlock. Yes , he is a senior and a walkon.

Johnson should be granted a medical redshirt so he will return

And Tramiel will unfortunately be gone

Even though I think Tramiel is our best player , the addition of Edwards and the development of Holmen ( hopefully) , we shouldn't see that much of a drop off

Edited by NT03