Nbc Cafeteria Celebrates Black History Month With Fried Chicken Specia

http://www.mediaite.com/online/nbc-cafeteria-celebrates-black-history-month-with-fried-chicken-special/

If it weren't real, it wouldn't be funny.

I'm REALLY going to enjoy sitting back and seeing who just lets this one go, and who gets all pissed off at this one.

ROTFLMAO!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mediaite.com/online/nbc-cafeteria-celebrates-black-history-month-with-fried-chicken-special/

If it weren't real, it wouldn't be funny.

I'm REALLY going to enjoy sitting back and seeing who just lets this one go, and who gets all pissed off at this one.

ROTFLMAO!

I'm disturbed by this for 3 reasons:

1. White rice? No self-respecting soul food connoisseur is serving white rice.

2. Why aren't there waffles being served with this fried chicken?

3. Unless the NBC soda fountain has replaced their normal Pepsi/Coke products with Spring Grove Pop grape, strawberry, orange and black cherry soda...and maybe some sweet tea...those beverage options are a slap in the face to the community.

Nah. He did it in July 07. Maybe ESPN radio fired him in honor of Black History Month?

Derailment of the derailment alert.

I know some of you dislike Richard Justice down here in Houston, and probably with good reason. That being said, he is on a radio station down here and often has some really good, behind the scene stories. I am probably the last to hear it, but today he told the story of The Playmaker demanding Ed Werder(sp?) apologize after there was no indictment from one of Irvins shenanigans. Anyway Ed says something like,"ok Micheal, I will apologize. But just once when the cops raid an apt. full of drugs and naked women, could you not be in it."

Anyway, sorry if this is old news to the rest, but I got an out loud chuckle out of it.

Now back to topic. Why do I like spinach so much but can't develop a taste for collard greens. If they were in a lineup, I could not tell the difference.

Find an Ethiopian restuarant and have the greens...you'll be hooked.

Thanks for the tip. If and when I find one, I'll give it a try. Now the next issue. What do you suggest I order with the greens? Not that I couldn't just eat them alone. But, if I am trying something new, I might as well go full meal deal.

Oh, and to keep this in the spirit of the thread, if I eat this food, will I be able to run long distances faster?

It was ULM, and it was a picture of Scrappy saying "Warhawks taste like chicken."

I think you're both thinking of chrisfisher's ill-fated heckling work earlier this year. No signs were involved.

Guest JohnDenver

For the little that it is worth, my cafeteria at work has "southern food" for Black History month too. They serve fried chicken and greens. They have been doing this for years.

I really don't have a problem with this. Then again, I'm not black. So I asked some of my black friends. They don't have a problem with it either. If it were Swedish history month, I'd expect them to serve lutefisk in honor of my ancestors. Of course, I wouldn't recommend anyone eat it.

Edited by EagleD