Gary & Chico

Mo Green

What I'd like to hear & see both coodinators able to mentor Coach Dodge. In talking to Gary, he's never meet a more positive coach in coach Dodge in his life. Then, we go for a field goal in the closing minutes of the Ohio game to just tie the thing up while sitting on the .5 yard line? I'm not following the reason for not going for the win if he's so positive. That started our down fall this year.

We all hope next season is a real winning season, but its important the coaches & players prepare now for it.now.

\

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

At the risk of sounding like I'm splitting hairs, there is a difference in being positive and being confident. The difference is illustrated when sports fans talk about an upcoming game, and/or situation in a game. The positive person talks about his team winning, or his favorite player making a big play. The confident person puts money on it.

You see that exchange all the time.

I'm hoping that the new coordinator(s) are able to give Coach Dodge more confidence.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 5

What I'd like to hear & see both coodinators able to mentor Coach Dodge. In talking to Gary, he's never meet a more positive coach in coach Dodge in his life. Then, we go for a field goal in the closing minutes of the Ohio game to just tie the thing up while sitting on the .5 yard line? I'm not following the reason for not going for the win if he's so positive. That started our down fall this year.

We all hope next season is a real winning season, but its important the coaches & players prepare now for it.now.

\

Well, if you want to talk about preparation, what if Dodge had gone for the short field goal just before halftime of that game? Then that short field goal attempt near the end of regulation would be to win. There's also a difference between confidence and overconfidence.

Edited by eulessismore

I'm hoping that the new coordinator(s) are able to give Coach Dodge more confidence.

I hope that it's not only coach Dodge that is infused with confidence. I'm pretty sure that coach Canales will come in with confidence, I just hope he can convey that to the players.

I hope the incoming juco defensive guys will bring coach DeLoach some confidence as well. I hope he'll have confidence to rush QB's with more than just his down linemen more often next season.

I also hope that Olen is as advertised so that Dodge can have more confidence in his kicking game.

I think that with Dodge learning the speed of the game over the past few years, he'll now have his own confidence (at least I hope so).

+1 by the way... you're not splitting hairs, that's a big difference.

• Upvote 1

\

If things shake out the way you (and I) hope in this regard, I will propose that we rename them Chico and The Man.

• Upvote 1

I am stoked about the recruit Olen, as I think that will having a consistent field goal kicker will change play calling and the offensive mindset when we are inside the 25 yard line.

Zach Olen K 5-9 210 lbs Richardson, TX

(Berkner HS)

Kicker and Punter in high school … Registered 34 punts for an average of 38.88 yards per punt with 9 downed inside the 20 and a long of 52 yards … Made 10 of 15 field goals with a long of 47 yards … Collected 33 touchbacks on only 56 kickoffs.

10 of 15 would get you fired with the cowboys. maybe the problem was the snapper in high school?

i want to see the new oc help dodge make better decisions, clock management and last two minute posessions. and with burning redshirts.

Edited by LoveMG
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1