Congrats To Cam Montgomery

UNT90

At the game last night, they announced all the athletes at UNT that made the Presidents list, Deans list, and A and B roll. Congrats to all, but Cam Montgomery, who made the Presidents list (4.0 GPA) really stuck out to me. It's nice to see a JUCO transfer taking advantage of the academic opportunity offered.

• Upvote 7

I was very pleased to see the floor pretty well covered by UNT's top student athletes. I know it is very hard to keep this sort of quality academic work going while playing a sport in college. All of our student athletes are to be congratulated....well done! Nice to see this at halftime.

I do, however, wish the athletes and coaches would have stayed around to support the basketball team in their game against FAU. Yes, some did...but the vast majority left right after halftime. Too bad. They missed a very nice win by the Mean Green.

Congrats to all UNT's fine student-athletes.

At the game last night, they announced all the athletes at UNT that made the Presidents list, Deans list, and A and B roll. Congrats to all, but Cam Montgomery, who made the Presidents list (4.0 GPA) really stuck out to me. It's nice to see a JUCO transfer taking advantage of the academic opportunity offered.

Plus one for you, and a big plus for Cam, a guy who was a lot of fun to watch. By this accomplishment, he has lifted the image of other JUCO transfers for me, and many others here, I'm sure.

He got his job stolen fair and square by the spectacular Dunbar, but I sure wish we'd had a coach with any clue how to run a real backfield rotation.

UNT ranked second in rushing yards per game in the Sun Belt, 28th in the Nation and Lance Dunbar finished up 14th in the nation in rushing yards. Those numbers suggest that TD, Gandy and / or Ford were doing something right.

Granted they did start out the season with rotating more backs in the game until the fourth or fifth game when Cam was injured. With the yardage and the touchdowns that Lance was racking up as a starter it made it hard to keep Lance off the field.

• Upvote 1