Last Recruit Came In

hickoryhouse

i think you gotta wonder why he ended up at unt.

Whatever the reason, I hope that the past is the past and I look forward to seeing him contribute to the Mean Green in the future. With four BCS school offers last year, it would seem obvious that he has the athletic ability to be a key player. He can check his bags at the door.

D'Andre Woods' bio from Mean Green Sports

D'Andre Wood – DB – 6-0 – 192 lbs – Charleston, SC (New Mexico Military Institute)

Played in eight games in 2009 with NMMI, totaling 18 tackles and three passes defended … Twice selected All-State (2005-06) … Was ranked the 15th best athlete in the nation in 2007 … Rated the 36th best prospect out of South Carolina in 2007 … Was a three-star athlete according to Rivals.com.

Anyone know what recruiting service publishes/ranks the "best athlete in the nation" list?? For some reason, that little detail was omitted.

• Upvote 1

D'Andre Woods' bio from Mean Green Sports

D'Andre Wood – DB – 6-0 – 192 lbs – Charleston, SC (New Mexico Military Institute)

Played in eight games in 2009 with NMMI, totaling 18 tackles and three passes defended … Twice selected All-State (2005-06) … Was ranked the 15th best athlete in the nation in 2007 … Rated the 36th best prospect out of South Carolina in 2007 … Was a three-star athlete according to Rivals.com.

Anyone know what recruiting service publishes/ranks the "best athlete in the nation" list?? For some reason, that little detail was omitted.

I'll tell you...DAMN good football they have there in South Carolina. I mean, you could be ranked the 15TH BEST ATHLETE IN THE NATION...but only be ranked 36th in the state.

Wow...WOW!!!:thumbsup:

• Upvote 2

nice class overall but a huge gap missing with no defensive tackles signed. that may be the downfall of dodge and co.

It sounds like we'll be doing some of our old "position changes". It sounded like those being chosen for switching to DT at least have the size, and for Antonio Johnson(?), the right background for it. Also, it sounds like, that we'll be moving away from the undersized DE's; I just don't think that worked for us.

• Upvote 1

"Anyone else notice Rivals was in the know on this guy before most of us were? I was just re-reading the live chat transcript from today and came across this post (that went unanswered btw):"

LOL. Yeah, I caught that also. The fact that NOBODY said anything during the chat when the Rivals reporter asked the question, made me immediately think that Wood was indeed a mystery recruit. Later, a few more hints were dropped about the last recruit.

I was waiting for a :ph34r: in the chat :)