Artie Spanier Comment

foutsrouts

Artie Spanier just dissed us pretty bad on Sports Radio by basically saying that we would be a last resort for a high school kid with a concussion. We ought to use our numbers to get that guy back. Never liked him or his opinions much anyway.

what were his reasons???

Hey Guys,

Arnie is an old friend. And these comments are correct. He is a pot stirrer and does what he does to get a reaction. He knows plenty about North Texas because the 5 years that I worked with him it's pretty much what I talked about. Hell, for my wedding he got me two really nice North Texas folding chairs and a North Texas fleece blanket.

He's even tried to get me to come back to Dallas for a potential gig at that station.

I understand the reactions of some fans here, but if it helps, take it with a grain of salt. He's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but he has a loyal following and is good at what he does. Even though we are friends, I'm not the biggest fan of his style, but I see why it has worked.

So maybe it helps a little to know that he's a really good guy and the best way to deal with him is to NOT give him a reaction. Trust me, it only throws fuel on the fire. I can't tell you the number of times I told myself to not take the bait and let him make his dumb comments. But he would always find a way to suck me in and I would get so frustrated. But that's what he wants. It's Arnie being Arnie.

Patrick

• Upvote 3

Hey Guys,

Arnie is an old friend. And these comments are correct. He is a pot stirrer and does what he does to get a reaction. He knows plenty about North Texas because the 5 years that I worked with him it's pretty much what I talked about. Hell, for my wedding he got me two really nice North Texas folding chairs and a North Texas fleece blanket.

He's even tried to get me to come back to Dallas for a potential gig at that station.

I understand the reactions of some fans here, but if it helps, take it with a grain of salt. He's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but he has a loyal following and is good at what he does. Even though we are friends, I'm not the biggest fan of his style, but I see why it has worked.

So maybe it helps a little to know that he's a really good guy and the best way to deal with him is to NOT give him a reaction. Trust me, it only throws fuel on the fire. I can't tell you the number of times I told myself to not take the bait and let him make his dumb comments. But he would always find a way to suck me in and I would get so frustrated. But that's what he wants. It's Arnie being Arnie.

Patrick

Big big fan of your SNR days. That being said, I think you friendship has clouded your judgment on the guy.

• Upvote 1