Drc Article - Ford Commits To Unt

MeanGreen61

Ford's updated rivals profile has him rated as a 3 star recruit.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Steven-Ford-100699

rivals shows east carolina, kansas state, amd tulsa all offering, but the vito article says only unt offered. shows how bogus rivals stats are. not as impressed as i first was.

• Downvote 1

I still think this is a great get for UNT! He seems to have decent speed, so hopefully we will be able to blitz more next season. He may not have had any other offers, but the coaching staff sees talent in him. Miles Austin did not even get drafted by an NFL team, and he is a star now... Go Mean Green!

"The coaches told me they were looking for a cover corner they can leave on an island, so that they can blitz and do a lot more things with their defense," Ford said. "That's why I accepted their scholarship. I can fill that role."

other threads question the lack of blitzing last season. this seems to suggest that a safer defense was employed because of the youth in the secondary.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Would someone please explain this to me?

Ford went to high school in South Carolina, spent one season at Fort Scott as a redshirt while making the transition from playing wide receiver to cornerback, and then played last season.

He finished with three interceptions and will have two years of eligibility remaining at UNT.

If he redshirted in 08 and played in 09, would he not still have three years of eligibility?

Ford's updated rivals profile has him rated as a 3 star recruit.

http://rivals.yahoo....ven-Ford-100699

This is typical and why we can't trust the ratings. He wasn't even rated before North Texas offered and now all of the sudden he's a 3 star? I'm sure if he had signed with us instead of North Texas he would have only been a 2 star ...oh wait. never mind :P