Drc Story On Canales

Harry

"I don't have an ego?" Pulezzz. EVERYONE who has ever been a head coach and/or coached in a high profile program, has an ego.

Seriously, I find this to be a very encouraging hire. It's the perfect solution for Dodge. If Canales turns things around, Dodge can take partial credit by indicating that it was done with his players and his basic system. If this doesn't turn out too well, then Dodge can say "well, I may have made a mistake by totally turning my offense over to the new guy.

Again, good hire on the part of Dodge.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Downvote 1

"I don't have an ego?" Pulezzz. EVERYONE who has ever been a head coach and/or coached in a high profile program, has an ego.

Seriously, I find this to be a very encouraging hire. It's the perfect solution for Dodge. If Canales turns things around, Dodge can take partial credit by indicating that it was done with his players and his basic system. If this doesn't turn out too well, then Dodge can say "well, I may have made a mistake by totally turning my offense over to the new guy.

Again, good hire on the part of Dodge.

If it doesn't turn out well, nothing will save Dodge.

• Upvote 2

Did he just shoot his last flare into the sky? This probably should have been done before this year, but at least Dodge is willing to attempt a huge change at this point in an attempt to make it work.

I think so. JUCO transfers, and a big hire in Canales. RV's comments make it clear that it's 7 or out for Dodge. It's his last stand.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1