Q & A With Coach Dodge-From Mg Sports

Charlie NT 73

Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

This move will guarantee that Dodge is back in 2011...if he isn't hired away after the big turn around we are about to have!

I will now go out on a limb and say that we will win the Sun Belt Conference in 2010. That's how much I believe in this hire, last year's hire of Mike Nelson and Charr Gahagan, and our defense's third full season under Gary Deloach.

Huge! This is huge!

"Mikey" likes this hire. The world as we know it....oh, never mind.

:lol:

• Upvote 1

I like the open QB competition. Canales is going to come in and be able to objectively say who he thinks, with his 24 years of college + experience, the besr QB on the roster is to run his offense. We won't be able to bitch about pappa Dodge showing favortism to his son any more, we won't be able to question if the right guys are playing or anything else in the vein of QB!

I wonder if this means that all of the other positions on Canales' offense are up for grabs by the best player too?! Now that would be spectacular!

Maybe I missed it, but where does it say that every position is open, especially QB? If true, this would turn a very good hire into a great hire. I did read where Coach Dodge said that there would be some absolutes, but that they both already agreed on these. I do wonder if one of those absolutes is Riley.

I think every QB benefits from an open competition. What will be interesting is if either Tune or Thompson clearly outplays Riley in the Spring and Summer practices.

• Downvote 2

Maybe I missed it, but where does it say that every position is open, especially QB? If true, this would turn a very good hire into a great hire.

It was in the DRC article about the hire...

"All of the starting spots will be open heading into spring practice, including the quarterback spot, Dodge said."

http://www.dentonrc.com/sharedcontent/dws/drc/sports/stories/DRC_untcanales_0130.c7de90a3.html

• Upvote 1

Whoa, slow down the train! We still have to have the players to make the plays, do we have enough of them now? And how much control of the offense and coaching Riley will Dodge really give up? It's his job on the line this season. He's been involved in play calls for 24 years and now suddenly going to turn over the car keys and son to this new guy he's known for 2 weeks?? I like the hire but...wow, this will be interesting!

We may not agree on BB , but I agree with u here ;)

This hire makes us better , but it does not mean that we are now suddenly better than Troy or MTSU.

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

This move will guarantee that Dodge is back in 2011...if he isn't hired away after the big turn around we are about to have!

I will now go out on a limb and say that we will win the Sun Belt Conference in 2010. That's how much I believe in this hire, last year's hire of Mike Nelson and Charr Gahagan, and our defense's third full season under Gary Deloach.

There is no defense that will confuse this offensive coordinator. And, as shown in the youtube posting on another thread, he will stick the quarterback under center with two tight ends blocking and hand the ball to a tailback down near the goal line. In short, Canales isn't trying to be cute and fancy when six points are on the line - he just goes and gets the six points!

Huge! This is huge! This is Tiger Woods calling his mistress and asking her to remove her name identifier from her cell phone calls huge!

Holy sheet, I don't know if I have ever seen TFLF on the Kool Aid and over the top positive, I have to say this is a bit scary.shocking.gif

• Upvote 2