Possible New Recruit

dml7007

Guest GrayEagleOne

Brion Carnes - was committed to South Florida but is opened to new schools. Was looking at Western Kentucky, Nebraska, Cincinnati to name a few. Maybe our new OC may pull him this way. Be the nice addition to replace Hall.

YESS!!!!

If he committed to South Florida because of Mike Canales being the OC, and he is looking elsewhere, he might be willing to give us a try. He's the 7th rated dual-purpose quarterback in the country on Rivals. He's only a little taller than Riley but I don't think that height is as important in a spread offense.

I'm hoping that Todd was/is prepared for the eventuality that a recruit could be more productive than Riley. If Carnes is that good he should be starting in 2011.

Just an interesting comparison of Brion, hopeful here at UNT and Riley, already here and UNT:

Brion Carnes: ESPN College Football Recruiting Profile

Scouts Grade: 77

Position Rank: QB #39

Riley Dodge: ESPN College Football Recruiting Profile

Scouts Grade: 79

Position Rank: QB #17

I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...

EDIT: This is in no way saying I don't want this kid here at UNT, if he wants to come bring him on he looks like a great QB!

Edited by hickoryhouse
  • Upvote 1

We got Canales, but WKU got Carnes. Over a Nebraska visit and offer, no less.

I was having a good weekend until I read this. Maybe we can make a late run at him? Send Canales, push the new stadium, road games in Florida, our record against wku, and open QB competition?