New Site

eppy4life

My only gripe is that my eyes have trouble scanning the thread subjects because there is no clear delimiter between threads (or between the pinned vs. unpinned subjects) - but otherwise it works for me. I'll have to play around to see all the new features. Plus I want to beat all y'all with more of Harry's reputation points. :lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

My only gripe is that my eyes have trouble scanning the thread subjects because there is no clear delimiter between threads (or between the pinned vs. unpinned subjects) - but otherwise it works for me. I'll have to play around to see all the new features. Plus I want to beat all y'all with more of Harry's reputation points. :lol:

I'm just finding it unexpectedly difficult to post or to reply to a post. Is it maybe because I'm using IE 6?

Edited by eulessismore

Me no likey.

there's nothing like stopping by gmg.com to find thoughtful, constructive posts like this one! thanks for taking the time to make your opinion known. i think i just gave you a reputation point by accident. can i have it back?

i think i will really like the change once i get used to it. mainly, i just trust that those who spend their time organizing this site know more about website management than i do.

• Downvote 4

I'm just finding it unexpectedly difficult to post or to reply to a post. Is it maybe because I'm using IE 6?

r

e

Yep. I have the same problem with my IE 6 browser at work. Then again, I probably shouldn't be posting at work. But for the record, I don't like the new set up. Kind of confusing. Collapsed threads, etc. Maybe it will grow on me, but my first reaction was WTF. Still pretty much my feeling.

The light green bars that separate the posts need to be darker in my oppinion. Should be great once all the kinks are worked out.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yes, Harry suggested I update my browser and that fixed it for me. I could not reply to a post or see the posting box until I updated my browser from IE6 to IE8; now it works fine.

How do you know which version you currently have? Click the "Help" tab up on your browser icon bar next to Tools, then click the dropdown link = "About Internet Explorer" and it will show you what version you're running.

• Upvote 2

At first I was having a good bit of trouble with the site. Nothing seemed to work for me and I could barely see the wording on the screen. But, I did a little Tweaking in my profile, settings, etc., and things did clear up for me a good bit. I am getting used to the new "look and feel" and I like it. This stuff takes a great deal of work on the part of Harry and the admins, and I, for one, really appreciate all they do for all "us posters". I have PM'd Harry with a couple of questions and he has been both kind and prompt in his replies. If I can "learn" this new set-up, trust me, anyone can.

I would, however, like to see some separation between the thread topics in each area...sort of like before. But, if that's all that I need to "get used to" with the new site, and given all the positive upgrades...well, man, great deal.

I can only imagine the personal time and energy given to maintaining and upgrading and administrating this site. My many many thanks to harry and all the admins for the great job they do.

GO MEAN GREEN! GO GMG.COM!!!!!

• Upvote 1

One more small suggestion - on the second line of the topic heading, the font color needs to be changed when viewing that topic. It looks fine when you're viewing the forum pages to look at the different topic headings but, once you actually click on the thread (and are reading/posting within that thread), the second line converts to a white font and it's very difficult to read on the light-shaded background. Here's an example:

Picture1-6.png

One more small suggestion - on the second line of the topic heading, the font color needs to be changed when viewing that topic. It looks fine when you're viewing the forum pages to look at the different topic headings but, once you actually click on the thread (and are reading/posting within that thread), the second line converts to a white font and it's very difficult to read on the light-shaded background. Here's an example:

Picture1-6.png

I have fixed this coding issue now Gangrene. The Topic Description should now be in gray. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

• Upvote 1