Whoa, Look At This Crazy New Site!

UNTflyer

Guest JohnDenver

No links within the posts work for me. They are all shortened in text and in the refer... So they show up as 404 when I click on them.

I am using Firefox, if that makes a difference.

No links within the posts work for me. They are all shortened in text and in the refer... So they show up as 404 when I click on them.

I am using Firefox, if that makes a difference.

Which version of Firefox are you using? thx

Guest JohnDenver

Which version of Firefox are you using? thx

Version: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7

Test auto URL conversion: http://www.nba.com/mavericks/mavsintro.html

Test manual link: Link.

• Upvote 1

Guest JohnDenver

Version: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7

Test auto URL conversion: http://www.nba.com/mavericks/mavsintro.html

Test manual link: Link.

Well, both of those worked. I tried opening IE 6.0 to post the same links, but this it won't even let me enter text in the reply field in IE 6.0. Perhaps it is how IE posts links, not how Firefox reads them.

Why do I have IE 6? It is my work machine, I leave what they install. Apparently our internal software doesn't like new IE versions (or Firefox).

• Upvote 1

You can receive reputation points based on the content and overall opinion of you by the membership on the board. There will be levels of points that accumulate to give you a certain level or status on the board. For instance if you get 50 positive votes you may get a trophy or special image/avatar that appears. Conversely, if you go to -50 you could have a negative avatar or image. This option is not set in stone and will likely need some tweaking but I think it could be fun and will reward the posters that bring good content. I personally don't think that my votes would go to only those posts that are pro UNT but rather to those posters that are well thought out, witty, funny, timely and interesting. This isystem is different from the old one in that the old one just rewarded total numbers and not necessarily quality. Anyway I will provide more details on this system once I get all of the settings in place.

Great...yet another social outlet in which I can be deemed a loser (looser) :cry:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I just noticed an issue I seem to be having with clicking on the links within posts. I am using Firefox 5.0 on a Mac, but I didn't have the previous problem other Firefox users were getting with the error 404 message. My problem is that, when I click on a link, I am redirected to the new site within my GMG tab, rather than the click automatically opening a new tab to redirect me to the site linked within the GMG post. This is not a Firefox preferences issue as this process works on other sites (i.e. clicking on the Mean Green blog within dentonrc.com opens a new tab and takes me to that tab without closing the DRC tab). Is there a place within my GMG settings where I can correct that?

I just noticed an issue I seem to be having with clicking on the links within posts. I am using Firefox 5.0 on a Mac, but I didn't have the previous problem other Firefox users were getting with the error 404 message. My problem is that, when I click on a link, I am redirected to the new site within my GMG tab, rather than the click automatically opening a new tab to redirect me to the site linked within the GMG post. This is not a Firefox preferences issue as this process works on other sites (i.e. clicking on the Mean Green blog within dentonrc.com opens a new tab and takes me to that tab without closing the DRC tab). Is there a place within my GMG settings where I can correct that?

I've had some issue with embedded urls too.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)