I Guess Coaches Can Change Their "commitments" Too?

gangrene

...has already bolted Memphis to join his former TTech staff at ECU. He was just hired at Memphis on January 17, 2010, and now footballscoop.com is reporting he'll be joining the East Carolina staff. What's that...7 days he was at ECU?? I guess I can take some consolation in believing Lincoln Riley would have done the same thing to us. But, for those of you that are always talking about a coach's unwillingness to accept 1-year contracts or join a sinking program, this should serve as an example of how short-term minded assistant coaches are these days. While joining ECU may show long-term goals, agreeing to coach at Memphis was just a CYA for Mitchell to ensure he'd have a steady income. Assistants don't usually have the big contracts afforded to head coaches and, therefore, are less likely to risk being out of a job for a full year. They also don't usually have much demand for broadcast jobs.