Thursday's Game Against Wku On Tv

GreenBat

No, foul a DIFFERENT player, not the one with the ball.

Ohhh...I get it...give them 2 shots AND the ball back so they can win. You foul off the ball like that and there is a damned good chance its getting called as an intentional foul...especially with SBC officials

Good win for the Green. I'm also of the mind that you don't foul in that situation at the end of the game. We didn't give them a good look, played tough defense & he ended up throwing up a prayer. I was actually more disapointed that Josh missed the front end of the two FT's that got us in the situation in the first place. He hasn't been nearly as sharp from the FT line this year.

Even though they hit that prayer, I was still pretty confident going into overtime. Without Evans in the game, they really had a hard time containing our bigs. Props to Big George who continues to be a bright spot. He works hard night in a night out. I wish I could call him a "lunch pail" kinda guy.

• Upvote 2

Good win for the Green. I'm also of the mind that you don't foul in that situation at the end of the game. We didn't give them a good look, played tough defense & he ended up throwing up a prayer. I was actually more disapointed that Josh missed the front end of the two FT's that got us in the situation in the first place. He hasn't been nearly as sharp from the FT line this year.

Even though they hit that prayer, I was still pretty confident going into overtime. Without Evans in the game, they really had a hard time containing our bigs. Props to Big George who continues to be a bright spot. He works hard night in a night out. I wish I could call him a "lunch pail" kinda guy.

The up 3, end game foul/don't foul decision is a 50/50 coaching style call...its by no means the 100%, no-brainer play some people on here are making it out to be. I'm with Green Lantern (in so many ways...) on the no foul side of things...you commit to 15 seconds of balls-out defense and if they still end up knocking down a 3 (or in this case a prayer 3) you tip your hat and get after it in OT like last night...I'm of the belief you're bringing in too many variables with fouling late game.

And George is without question our MVP this season...now 7 double-doubles, at least 7 boards in all but one game...and he seems to be getting better and better now that he has a a healthy Eric Tramiel next to him.

• Upvote 2

Ohhh...I get it...give them 2 shots AND the ball back so they can win. You foul off the ball like that and there is a damned good chance its getting called as an intentional foul...especially with SBC officials

You're not getting it. We could have fouled their coach. If his job is really on the line this weekend like they're saving on Hilltopper Haven, let's see him do something about it.

• Upvote 3

Are those goat-penetrators stealing our bit?

Not quite, but they are adding an L to his name for each consecutive loss, which made me giggle: http://www.hilltopperhaven.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=14713

• Upvote 1

GREAT WIN last evening. I understand it was a real "knock down drag out". Sorry I couldn't watch or listen. But, the "back and forth bickering" on the board this morning after a BIG win for the Mean Green at WKY is pretty interesting. Sort of like the bickering between Kay Bailey and Rick Perry at the UNT debate recently.

Kids, kids...it was a big win, a tough road win...enjoy it! laugh.gif

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This was a fun, memorable game and a fantastic road win against a historically great team in a tough venue to win at... We cannot win the SBC without the services of Tramiel. No one on the team can replace him. We are a different team when he plays 100%.

Edited by chrisfisher
  • Upvote 1