13 Year Old Saudi Girl Sentenced To 90 Lashes For

Want to bet she never takes a cell phone to school again? I wonder if the schools in Saudi Arabia need "parental permission" before administering corporal punishment? You think? How this sort of stuff can go on in today's world is beyond my scope of imagination. Dark Ages stuff indeed. Effective it might be, but overkill at it's most egregious.

The US has considered Saudia Arabia to be one of our best allies in the middle east for many decades. At the same time, anyone who cares to read reports from human rights organizations should know that it's the most socially repressive governments in the middle east.

So what was that line from Casablanca.

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! [a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]

Croupier: Your winnings, sir.

Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.

The public school system went down the crapper when they took corporal punishment out of the equation.

Agreed.

I wish film theaters would institute this sort of punishment for patrons who answer their phones and/or texts during the movie.

Its called a "movie" not a "film" you Francophile, left-coast elitist.

The public school system went down the crapper when they took corporal punishment out of the equation.

---Not going to disagree... but one of the reasons it happened is that there were too many cases of school personel overdoing it and abusing the situation. It wasn't commonly done but a few bad apples messed it all up.... That and the fact that some parents think their kids are angels and should never be held accountable for their actions.

---As for parents, I have talked to too many of them that were so blind that could not see their kid was a total jerk and they then caused the school problems when the school tried to do anything about it. My personal best story on that was a Mom who kept telling me (and others) what a fine Christian boy she had and that we were just picking on him..... less than two years later he was locked up..... for vandalizing a church.. LOL.... He has made several more trips since. I wonder if she if remembered all those discussions with us and what we were telling her...

• Upvote 1

---Not going to disagree... but one of the reasons it happened is that there were too many cases of school personel overdoing it and abusing the situation. It wasn't commonly done but a few bad apples messed it all up.... That and the fact that some parents think their kids are angels and should never be held accountable for their actions.

---As for parents, I have talked to too many of them that were so blind that could not see their kid was a total jerk and they then caused the school problems when the school tried to do anything about it. My personal best story on that was a Mom who kept telling me (and others) what a fine Christian boy she had and that we were just picking on him..... less than two years later he was locked up..... for vandalizing a church.. LOL.... He has made several more trips since. I wonder if she if remembered all those discussions with us and what we were telling her...

You should not talk about Adam James like that.