Hall Status

Cooley

The judges also would have accepted "Our Hearts are Open Graves" for a slightly higher composite score (due to degree of difficulty).

What's the scoring for Muppet Treasure Island references?

The judges also would have accepted "Our Hearts are Open Graves" for a slightly higher composite score (due to degree of difficulty).

All I know is that replacing Vittatoe is going to be very difficult and I imagine that being a redshirt freshman he's going to put a lot of pressure on himself. I bet once he throws that first touchdown its going to feel like a giant gorilla has been lifted off of his shoulders.

Scott Hall was 6-2 and 210-215. Riley is 5-9 or 10 and 180 if he's soaking wet with rocks in his pockets. Yes, I'll take Scott Hall any day of the week over Riley Dodge at QB.

Nice twist, but my post was in response to your comments about Javia Hall not being D1 QB material and your criticism of Dodge recruiting him as a QB when other schools were wanting to move him. Just like Scott Hall. Guess it doesn't matter now. Wonder if their OL recruit will be offered at UTEP and we lose him too?

New from Vito

Apparently, the North Texas coaches believe they are losing Hall, and are putting the "full-court press" on Jordan Taylor. And things don't look good for us getting Taylor.

Yep, I'm sure we'll lose out on both. But they'd probably transfer out or give up football if they came here anyway....seems to be a trend with UNT recruits the last few years. I bet LR couldn't have gotten them both to commit here...but we'll never know.

Thinking of the QB situation at UNT... I believe we have 4 QB's returning next year (unless someone knows something that I don't know - which isn't unusual).

3 sophomores: Chase Baine, Riley Dodge, Derek Thompson (hopefully he will be classified as a freshman)

1 senior: Nathan Tune

I would love to bring in a really good QB recruit - maybe the kid from Denison will decide playing QB and being closer to home would be nice.

But... maybe I wouldn't be too disappointed either if that scholarship went to a defensive lineman.

Thinking of the QB situation at UNT... I believe we have 4 QB's returning next year (unless someone knows something that I don't know - which isn't unusual).

3 sophomores: Chase Baine, Riley Dodge, Derek Thompson (hopefully he will be classified as a freshman)

1 senior: Nathan Tune

I would love to bring in a really good QB recruit - maybe the kid from Denison will decide playing QB and being closer to home would be nice.

But... maybe I wouldn't be too disappointed either if that scholarship went to a defensive lineman.

This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This This is This This This This This

I hope whoever NT signs at QB this year is a dual threat type. I don't see Dodge's logic of having designed his offense around his son's capabilities and having back ups with very limited running ability. A change of pace quarterback is good in some situations; but to have to give up a large portion of the offense because the starter is not in, does not make a lot of sense.

I hope whoever NT signs at QB this year is a dual threat type. I don't see Dodge's logic of having designed his offense around his son's capabilities and having back ups with very limited running ability. A change of pace quarterback is good in some situations; but to have to give up a large portion of the offense because the starter is not in, does not make a lot of sense.

Dodge needs to rethink everything. How much do you really want your qb to be out running in the open field? We need some designed qb plays to gain a few yards in critical situations; what we have now, with our starting qb running frequently, carrying the ball loosely, and fighting to "make things happen" seems to be part of our problems, not necessarily a solution. I think the others, even Tune, have enough mobility to get extra time to pass, and to run for an occasional first down or even td on short yardage. Build an offense around 2 or 3 quarterbacks, not just one, if we are realistic about the tendency of quarterbacks in general to sustain injuries.

New from Vito

Apparently, the North Texas coaches believe they are losing Hall, and are putting the "full-court press" on Jordan Taylor. And things don't look good for us getting Taylor.

Are the coaches not putting the full court press back on Hall ? I mean I would think it's easier to convince someone who has been committed to you for several months and is second guessing himself than someone who you had little or no contact with who already gave a verbal to someone else

• Upvote 1

Are the coaches not putting the full court press back on Hall ? I mean I would think it's easier to convince someone who has been committed to you for several months and is second guessing himself than someone who you had little or no contact with who already gave a verbal to someone else

I imagine they're doing what they can. Vito mentioned in one of the previous blogs that the North Texas coaches were calling Hall's recruiting coordinator even while Vito was on the phone with him. There's just so much you can do if a verbal commit wants to jump the fence when he thinks he sees greener grass.

I imagine they're doing what they can. Vito mentioned in one of the previous blogs that the North Texas coaches were calling Hall's recruiting coordinator even while Vito was on the phone with him. There's just so much you can do if a verbal commit wants to jump the fence when he thinks he sees greener grass.

Damn teenagers !!Don't they know message board people's well being are at stake here !!

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1