Vito Update On Lincoln Riley

Harry

we are not going to pay him $100,000 more than t.ford, and he is not going to take a $100,000 pay cut.

considering he is unemployed I do not think it would be a paycut. You never no what someone wants to do until they sign on the dotted line, but this is typical small time thinking that UNT Admins and many fans seem to follow.

• Upvote 1

considering he is unemployed I do not think it would be a paycut. You never no what someone wants to do until they sign on the dotted line, but this is typical small time thinking that UNT Admins and many fans seem to follow.

We have money, just will we pay up or not.

• Upvote 1

we are not going to pay him $100,000 more than t.ford, and he is not going to take a $100,000 pay cut.

He may not have a choice. And who says he will take a 100k paycut? Sure we probably cant afford his Tech salary but a spare like Todd Ford got 90k a year and if Lincoln is the absolute better candidate we can pay him say 120k a year or 130k a year. Plus it is an OC job and he knows that he may...just may be able to take over the HC position if Dodge fails and gets the boot. I just think its absurd to assume what he would and wouldn't take. Contact the guy and show him what we can give him...a good salary which he can live well and part of an alumni base that is huge in the dfw area along with the new stadium. It is not a bad job as it was say 5 years ago.

Hello, you must be Lincoln Riley?? I'm sorry you lost your job at Texas Tech be let's view this as a change that will turn out for the best for you. I'm sure you have many other opportunities in the works for WR coach and maybe even a few for OC. If you're mind is made up on the salary and you will absolutely not take a penny less than you were making at Tech, we may not be able to afford you. However, if you'd like to discuss what we have to offer for our OC position and come to our campus for an interview and to view our facilities, we may find that we have a mutual interest that could be very beneficial for all parties involved.

I love how you just talk in circles to try to validate your point. As I said in the other thread, do your own damn research I'm tired of talking to a wall, especially since I could care less if you think it's a good idea or not anyway.

maybe you are right. maybe he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and would make a great oc. based upon your coments, i hope he gets the opportunity. my concern is can we afford to take a chance on someone with no oc experience going into a make or break season for our existing staff?

maybe you are right. maybe he is the greatest thing since sliced bread and would make a great oc. based upon your coments, i hope he gets the opportunity. my concern is can we afford to take a chance on someone with no oc experience going into a make or break season for our existing staff?

My concern is that our existing staff hasn't shown that it is capable of "making it" yet. I'm mostly concerned about our kicking game being as bad as it is, and no discernible improvements for it made under any of our present staff. So, maybe that salary should be spent on someone to specifically upgrade our special teams coaching. On the other hand, we've had way too many offensive turnovers, and not been able to eat up clock when we've had a lead.

So, what do you think should or should not be done in terms of that position which is now vacant?

i don't have a clue how to stop turnovers, and agree with you that something must be done to address our kicking woes. we have a f.g.kicker comitted from richardson, but need a new punter. regarding the o.c. position, it is my understanding that besides play calling, he must be decisive. example, late against army we we deep in their territory, 4th & short, and didn't have a play. we called time out, went for field goal which was blocked , and lost game. better yet, lsu thru a hail mary pass late in game, which was successful, but hadn't called a " what if it works play", ran out of time and lost game. i never played football past jr. high, but it appears we need an offensive field gereral. those with more experience in organized high school/college than i would have a better idea as to the job requirements,but i would pefer someone with experience that is within our budget.

I would like more updates about who we've not yet contacted.

Ok, here's another confirmation that we've still not contacted Lincoln Riley from football scoop:

North Texas: Former Texas Tech assistant Lincoln Riley has not been contacted at this point regarding the offensive coordinator position. We wonder if Riley will end up at Houston, where Dana Holgorsen has left to join the staff at Oklahoma State.

BTW - For those that don't know, Dana Holgorson was the OC at Houston last season, so the above is suggesting LR may be a candidate for OC at Houston - a team that was ranked as high as #12 last season.

Also of note:

Lamar University: Ray Woodard has talked with former Sam Houston State head coach Todd Whitten regarding the offensive coordinator position.

Wow, that's awesome that we're competing against Lamar for coaches! :rolleyes: Way to set that bar up high.

At this point, it appears RV and Dodge are convinced that the current coaching staff has what it takes to turn this program around next season. That's about the only logical explanation for not going after one of the many experienced offensive coaches that now find their careers in a place of transition.

At this point, it appears RV and Dodge are convinced that the current coaching staff has what it takes to turn this program around next season. That's about the only logical explanation for not going after one of the many experienced offensive coaches that now find their careers in a place of transition.

Either that or there is another coach out there we are targeting.

Ok, here's another confirmation that we've still not contacted Lincoln Riley from football scoop:

North Texas: Former Texas Tech assistant Lincoln Riley has not been contacted at this point regarding the offensive coordinator position. We wonder if Riley will end up at Houston, where Dana Holgorsen has left to join the staff at Oklahoma State.

BTW - For those that don't know, Dana Holgorson was the OC at Houston last season, so the above is suggesting LR may be a candidate for OC at Houston - a team that was ranked as high as #12 last season.

Also of note:

Lamar University: Ray Woodard has talked with former Sam Houston State head coach Todd Whitten regarding the offensive coordinator position.

Wow, that's awesome that we're competing against Lamar for coaches! :rolleyes: Way to set that bar up high.

Well, that might go along with how often they mentioned how "close" we came to winning however many games last year. And those of us who think it was a team that, as Vito said was "not clutch", may just be hoping, as I am, to be proven wrong.