Lane Kiffin To Usc

Mean Green 93-98

Wonder if his pops would be a big enough douche to skate with him?

Sources told ESPN Kiffin will bring his father and defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin, and assistant head coach and recruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron to Southern Cal with him, and wide receivers coach Kippy Brown will be named interim head coach at Tennessee.

Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee. Please Leach to Tennessee.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/s...n-headed-to-usc

It's a surprising move by Kiffin and the Trojans, who needed just one day to fill one of the most desirable jobs in college football. . . . Kiffin was suggested as a candidate immediately after Carroll's departure became official Sunday, but many Trojans thought he wouldn't be willing or able to leave Tennessee after just one year.

For some reason, I do not think the folks at Tennessee will be that upset to see him leave.

Not sure which folks at Tennessee you're talking about. Sounds like they've got a borderline riot on their hands.

Hundreds of students have now gathered on Johnny Majors Boulevard and are blocking the road, apparently with the goal of keeping departing Coach Lane Kiffin from leaving the lot.

There are signs that order is breaking down--someone has apparently brought a mattress down and lit it on fire.

Police and firefighters are on scene in an effort to calm the situation.

http://www.wbir.com/news/breaking/story.as...51&catid=29

According to one player's Twitter account, the police have used tear gas on the students.

Not sure which folks at Tennessee you're talking about. Sounds like they've got a borderline riot on their hands.

According to one player's Twitter account, the police have used tear gas on the students.

I think he meant from the people that are actually the higher ups in the administration and the big boy boosters.

I could be wrong, but I see a little less angst from the Mean Green Nation should Coach Dodge decide to move on.

:blowup:

Edited by oldschoollefty

Where are the mods these days? Why do all these non-UNT football threads get started and remain on the Mean Green football thread site? I am not saying they should not be posted or discussed, but I am beginning to wonder about the reading capabilities of a few of our GMG.com folks. Can one not read that this thread is reserved for UNT football matters/topics?

Good stuff to discuss, indeed, but can't they be started in another thread more appropriate to the topic?

How much longer do you think Brown will be coach at UT? I figure someone at some point if not soon, will hire Muschamp away.

Who knows. Something will happen today, for sure, though.

Here's some info from a Vols insider. Pretty crazy stuff at Tennessee right now. Kiffin is apparently a bigger sack than originally apparent:

"During a brief and contentious meeting with players at 9:15, Kiffin is confronted about Orgeron calling current Vol commitments and early enrollees about joining them at Southern Cal. Players place a call on speakerphone and eyewitnesses say that Orgeron is heard trying to recruit players to USC. Kiffin says it's not him and that he has no knowledge of the matter and that he cannot control Orgeron. Kiffin is reminded in blunt, if not explicit, terms that he's the one who hired Orgeron.

Within minutes, Orgeron's university-supplied cell phone is shut off

- After expressing their displeasure in Kiffin's final team meeting, players begin filing out of the Neyland-Thompson Complex where several were overheard calling Kiffin and the departing staff traitors. Defensive end Ben Martin is in the middle of Johnny Majors Blvd. screaming "Bring back Phil, expletive."

- At roughly 9:45, after calling a recruit, Kiffin briefly gives a statement to a group of media members. Kiffin has indicated he will take questions if the TV cameras are not rolling during this time. WBIR news director Bill Shory becomes the centerpiece of the controversy, refusing to allow his station's cameras to be switched off or to not roll video footage during this time. Kiffin then refuses all questions, speaks roughly 90 seconds and leaves

Kiffin is chased down the hallway and asked questions, finally responding to what he told players and what their reaction was

Meanwhile, an angry mob on campus continues to swell in numbers and intensity. Shirts are ripped and burned; signs bear any number of messages, most of them involving the term traitor

The Rock is painted with an explicit message for Kiffin."

I think he meant from the people that are actually the higher ups in the administration and the big boy boosters.

I know a Vols booster who sends quite a bit of cash their way. He didn't believe me when I texted him last night. Once convinced, he was mad a bigger buyout was not put into the contract. I don't know about the administration, but the boosters were expecting a LOT out of Kiffin.

I suggested to the guy he might show his displeasure by sending some of that cash to a local school that defeated the Vols a few years back. So far, I haven't convinced him.

Interesting post gleaned from a student commenting on the Lane Kiffin firing and why students were mad...but, it sounds like she was mainly mad at having to pay a fee regardless of whether she was interested in football:

"Yes, students do have to pay. We have to pay an "activity fee" which is about $600 per semester. That covers entry into all campus sports among other campus productions. The fee is mandatory, and most scholarships don't cover it because it's not part of tuition.

There are several students whose daddies pay for everything, and they have no clue how much money is involved in their "education"... but for the people who attend UT and have to pay for it themselves, we are very aware of having to pay for the football games."

Can you imagine an activity fee of $600 at UNT? :blink:

I agree that some fee is necessary if you are going to make some entertainment and athletic events free, or very cheap, to students. I'd say $600 is quite steep, though.

Where are the mods these days? Why do all these non-UNT football threads get started and remain on the Mean Green football thread site? I am not saying they should not be posted or discussed, but I am beginning to wonder about the reading capabilities of a few of our GMG.com folks. Can one not read that this thread is reserved for UNT football matters/topics?

Good stuff to discuss, indeed, but can't they be started in another thread more appropriate to the topic?

This is college football, and thus in some way, can or will affect NT.