Denton Chapter Alumni Mixer

UNTflyer

:clapping: Mixer starts at 6:00PM at Fox and Hounds in Lewisville. Come enjoy some after work refreshments with other members of the Mean Green Nation. This mixer is hosted by the Denton Chapter of the UNT Alumni Association, and the chapter welcomes all UNT Alums and UNT fans to come join in the fun and "mix" with UNT Alums and fans. It is a mixer open to all...including current students (21 or over to enjoy the adult refreshments, of course).

Date is Jan. 20th...a Wednesday evening! There is additional information and a place to RSVP on the UNT Alumni Association web-site, but if you can't find the RSVP...never fear...just show up...we'd love to have you attend.

Why not come and meet other GMG.com members as well....you just never know who might show up. A good time will be had by all.

See you there!

GO MEAN GREEN...GO UNT ALUMNI :clapping:

Any other GMG.com members thinking about attending?????? Hope so...I know Flyer will be there.

How is it that we can get 12 pages of posts on a thread about Colt McCoy but a thread about a UNT Alumni mixer all but dies after the post from the two people who worked hardest to set this up?

Just think how long the thread is going to be when somebody posts the link to about his marriage proposal at DKR TX MEM STADIUM last night. Now that just may bring this board to its knees. Oh, it is true, I just don't want to start the thread. I am not as funny as Emmitt.

Edited by Green Dozer

Just an idea. Since there is not a Fort Worth Chapter, how about throwing a meeting south on the other I35 every once in a while. There is a Flips Sports Bar in Keller that may be about 5 minutes farther that Lewisville from Denton. Seems it would be a good place. There was good attendance at F&H in DTFW for the Ball St. game, so maybe a meeting a little closer up I35W toward Denton would have success? Just a thought (maybe it's been tried).

Plus, that would be so much more conveiniant for me :D

Edited by UNT90

Just an idea. Since there is not a Fort Worth Chapter, how about throwing a meeting south on the other I35 every once in a while. There is a Flips Sports Bar in Keller that may be about 5 minutes farther that Lewisville from Denton. Seems it would be a good place. There was good attendance at F&H in DTFW for the Ball St. game, so maybe a meeting a little closer up I35W toward Denton would have success? Just a thought (maybe it's been tried).

Plus, that would be so much more conveiniant for me :D

Here's another idea that might just work even better for you.How about setting it up yourself???? No kidding...how about you contacting the establishment where you think would be a great location, getting them to reserve a space and maybe provide some discounted drinks and food, and then contact someone at the Alumni Assoc...like Rob McKinney for one...and see how they can help you with PR, materials, etc., etc.? The Denton Chapter does this stuff on its own. The "main" Alumni Assoc. folks are more than willing to help, but they have their own agenda of events and activities, and they try to look out for the entire association so their hands and date books get a bit crowded. Until I got as involved with the Denton Chapter as I have been the last few years, I had NO IDEA how much stuff the Alumni Assoc. handles for the school and alums with a VERY few staff members.

The Denton Chapter does this stuff on a pretty regular basis with very little pre-help. The Alumni folks are VERY helpful once we let them know what we want to do, and we have found them extremely helpful during our events, etc. You could be the "point alum" for events in the area you want, get a couple of other area alums interested in helping a bit and off you go. You would be amazed at what you can do once you decide to take it upon yourself to get something going. I would be more than happy to talk to you about how to get something going and help you out any way I can. If you would like to PM me here and give me some contact info we can talk "off line". Glad to see you are interested...and I assume you are a member of the Alumni Assoc. or interested in becoming a member by your post. GREAT...welcome.

I look forward to hearing from you and helping you any way I can.

GO MEAN GREEN...GO ALUMNI!!!!

LAST REMINDER...Tonight at 6PM...Fox and Hounds - Lewisville. Open to all UNT alums, fans and friends...just come and enjoy the company of some members of the Mean Green nation. UNT Alumni personnel will be on hand to talk to you if you have any questions about the UNT Alumni Association, what it is planning for the year, how to become involved, benefits of membership, etc., etc. But, that's up to you...there will be no "official" presentation by anyone at this mixer...just a good time with the Mean Green nation sponsored by the Denton Chapter of the UNT Alumni Association.

Hope to see you there!!! GO MEAN GREEN...GO ALUMNI!