Colt Mccoy

adman

McCoy was injured during the first drive of the game, so how can you make that claim?

McElroy was horrible all night, partly due to UT's pass rush and UT's defensive backs dominating Bama's receivers.

This game was much closer than the final score indicated.

Emmitt, your hatred of all things UT clouds your judgement.

I couldn't have said it better.....thinks UNTLifer! do you know in what year emmitt's UT application was rejected?

McCoy was injured during the first drive of the game, so how can you make that claim?

McElroy was horrible all night, partly due to UT's pass rush and UT's defensive backs dominating Bama's receivers.

To the first part, you are correct, my memory was a little off. Based on the performance of the WRs in the game, there is no evidence to suggest that his presence would have made a tremendous difference. The UT WRs were being dominated much of the game as well and could not catch a pass. Even Shipley was dropping passes.

McElroy never got the opportunity to get into the rhythm of the game. We can no more know if he could have thrown for 300 than what the outcome would have been with McCoy because neither was given a chance to happen.

I knew Lifer was half a homo for me cuz he just can't keep my name out of his mouth...you too?

Pure class emmitt. Then again, after watching you make an ass out of yourself at the Rice game two years ago by calling a Rice fan out for not graduating from Rice and then being proven wrong, I expect as much.

Just checked back into this thread. So essentially, the digest version boils down to:

Adman--Gentle McCoy/UNT QB sarcasm.

Others--Might have been more of a game with both starting QB's able to play./Perceived poor-sport injustice/Typical post-game yammer./Are excuse makers and/or gay.

That about cover it?

Pure class emmitt. Then again, after watching you make an ass out of yourself at the Rice game two years ago by calling a Rice fan out for not graduating from Rice and then being proven wrong, I expect as much.

Ok, tap the brakes on that one. That dude was acting like an ass at the start of the game. He was sitting in the upper deck talking s**t at all of the NT fans.

To really break down the Tide dominance, just keep these facts at your fingertips:

In order to beat Texas, all Alabama had to do was:

-Throw 11 passes, completing just six of them

-Hand off to halfbacks 43 times...against the "#1 run defense in America"

-Use their Heisman Trophy winning halfback for only one whole period (the first), parts of two others (second and fourth) and sit him for one entire period (third)

-Oh, and, play great defense.

How about that? Running the football and playing great defense = championship. And, your best player on offense doesn't even have to play the entire game. You can sit him for up to half a game and Texas still won't catch you. There's no worry because not only does Texas nor have the defense to stop your #1 halfback, but they will struggle with your #2, true freshman halfback as well. The Big 12 having prepared them so well to stop the run, you see.

Ok, tap the brakes on that one. That dude was acting like an ass at the start of the game. He was sitting in the upper deck talking s**t at all of the NT fans.

Don't make this personal - it will get shut down. More debate! More debate!

Again, it's weird that the guy acting like an ass and talking s**t managed to just find you guys. It just keeps happening, school after school.

And emmitt responded in kind, but I guess he's proud of that. And emmitt, yeah I remember it because of the spectacle you made of yourself. Sorry, but I find nothing appealling about your act.

What part did the broken ribs play?

Nothing. Injuries only affect a game if a Longhorn player is injured. If any other team has injuries to an offensive player, they were just unable to break the Texas defense.

Don't forget that we're talking about Texas, here. From the mighty Big 12. Remember Roy Williams' words after losing to Oklahoma for the fourth time in his four years as a starter: "They're not better than us. They're just not!"

Longhorn fans would make great Information Ministers in Iraq.

lusitan-265433-albums-new-jersey-housing

"Yes, McElroy had broken ribs and Ingram only played the equivalent of two quarters. But, our run defense is #1 in the country. Do not worry. We are better. We are winning!"

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

Again, it's weird that the guy acting like an ass and talking s**t managed to just find you guys. It just keeps happening, school after school.

Oh, if you only knew half if it Ive encountered over the years :D

Lonnie, you have not bashed Todd Dodge in your last few posts. Is everything ok or did you hit your head?

He's here for a fourth year...so, there's plenty of time. He and his coaching staff always provide plenty of material throughout the year.

When it's third and long and Riley is in Clemson's end zone, standing in the shotgun and the high school Todds dial up an option...when it's first and goal from the two and Riley stands in the shotgun and throws an interception in the end zone...when Riley is scrambling and holding the ball like a loaf of bread and fumbles it away....

Oh yes, my friend, there will be plenty of (repeated) instances for deconstruction of our offensive genius and his sidekicks. Dodge & Company are like the Everlasting Gobstopper of erroneous coaching decisions.

Here's a screen capture of Todd discussing his offensive philosophy with the apprentice Todd:

ww_032.jpg

"You see, in the option game, if it's blocked correctly, there is only one man to beat! So, call it anywhere on the field against any defense in any stadium in any game, regardless of down and distance or score! But, remember...always, always, always call it from the shotgun!"

He's here for a fourth year...so, there's plenty of time. He and his coaching staff always provide plenty of material throughout the year.

When it's third and long and Riley is in Clemson's end zone, standing in the shotgun and the high school Todds dial up an option...when it's first and goal from the two and Riley stands in the shotgun and throws an interception in the end zone...when Riley is scrambling and holding the ball like a loaf of bread and fumbles it away....

Oh yes, my friend, there will be plenty of (repeated) instances for deconstruction of our offensive genius and his sidekicks. Dodge & Company are like the Everlasting Gobstopper of erroneous coaching decisions.

Here's a screen capture of Todd discussing his offensive philosophy with the apprentice Todd:

ww_032.jpg

"You see, in the option game, if it's blocked correctly, there is only one man to beat! So, call it anywhere on the field against any defense in any stadium in any game, regardless of down and distance or score! But, remember...always, always, always call it from the shotgun!"

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

ww_032.jpg

Here's a picture of a lot of Mean Green Fans about three years ago. Who knew we'd be in this state now:

6a00d8345259a469e2010535f915eb970b-.jpg

I have to call attention to this Irony:

Some people bring more work home than others.

The two most hurtful accusations of one of them is, "Homo" and "Texas Fan". Now it's been mentioned twice in one thread that the two get together for multiple games (horns included) to sit right next to each other watching the others facial expressions.

The two most hurtful accusations of one of them is, "Homo" and "Texas Fan". Now it's been mentioned twice in one thread that the two get together for multiple games (horns included) to sit right next to each other watching the others facial expressions.

Reminds me of a line from the movie "Happy, Texas".

?

Texas would have beat the hell out of Bama if McCoy hadn't gone down. Texas' defense was totally dominant in the second half, and Bama's DB's sucked bigtime. Hell, Bama didn't really beat us all that badly when you think about it. BTW, this is coming from a guy who HATES TEXAS!!!!!!

You cannot be serious. Bama could have hung 100 on us if they desired. Maybe you didn't watch that game, but I did and Bama was pulling starters out in the 2nd quarter. That was the first time I'd seen a team take the starters out before halftime.

Texas defense totally dominant in the second half? Thats what happens when the team playing them tries to run out the clock with a 3 possession lead at halftime. We held Bama to 25 points in the second half, Texas held them to 13. I guess that is the difference between being the "#1 ranked rush defense" and the #103 ranked rush defense, 12 points. I guess our defense is better than we thought.

To really break down the Tide dominance, just keep these facts at your fingertips:

In order to beat Texas, all Alabama had to do was:

-Throw 11 passes, completing just six of them

-Hand off to halfbacks 43 times...against the "#1 run defense in America"

-Use their Heisman Trophy winning halfback for only one whole period (the first), parts of two others (second and fourth) and sit him for one entire period (third)

-Oh, and, play great defense.

How about that? Running the football and playing great defense = championship. And, your best player on offense doesn't even have to play the entire game. You can sit him for up to half a game and Texas still won't catch you. There's no worry because not only does Texas nor have the defense to stop your #1 halfback, but they will struggle with your #2, true freshman halfback as well. The Big 12 having prepared them so well to stop the run, you see.

I couldn't agree more.