Leach In Trouble At Texas Tech

My prediction is Leach will be gone. That will open recruits to TCU and SMU. You can bet Craig James was sure of what happened before they filed the report. Leach might win games, but is an absolute embarassement to Texas Tech. Just my thought gang....

I'd love to think that will happen because I can't stand Leach. However, he'll be given a very long leash because of what he's done at Tech. Remember, this is the same university that threw Bobby Knight a life preserver when he wore out his welcome at Indiana.

Still, this couldn't happen to a better guy!

I promise you the AD doesn't like Leach! And, this is just a part of the issue. Stay tuned!

If the university does happen to fire Leach, you sure better hire the right guy to come in and produce wins right off the bat otherwise you got one pissed off fan base that will see how things were going fine until Leach was fired. The Tech fan base has gotten used to winning.

1) How do you abuse Craig James' kid? Hold money out of his weekly postgame envelope? Take away his loaner car? What's "abuse" to a guy who played for SMU in the Death Penalty infraction days?

2) If Mike Leach needs an image rebuilding job (like Mangino already does) next season... That makes me optimistic for the future.

1) How do you abuse Craig James' kid? Hold money out of his weekly postgame envelope? Take away his loaner car? What's "abuse" to a guy who played for SMU in the Death Penalty infraction days?

2) If Mike Leach needs an image rebuilding job (like Mangino already does) next season... That makes me optimistic for the future.

I like where your head is at...

Although I have my doubts....If and only if Tech wants to axe leach then I would advise RV to get on the phone and contact Leach's and Mangino's agent and try to money whip them to come coach NT. Sure they will have better opportunities but it won't hurt to try. I would have either of those guys on the Mean Green sideline in a heartbeat.

Last time a team put a pirate ship in their stadium, they lost the title game.

Having said that, at least they made it there in the first place...

What is the problem? Is sitting in a closet for three hours abusive? Much ado about nothing is my feeling.

True story, I was put in arts and crafts closet by my 2nd grade teacher at Paradise Elementart for 28:32 with the light turned off (I know the exact time down to the seconds due to the badass Timex Ironman Inidiglo watch I'd just saved up for.) It only happened once, but enjoyed it quite a bit more than the daily spankings I was accustomed to.

It's no big deal.

It's a bid deal to Craig James and the folks at Texas Tech! This is a stupid move by Leach and he darn sure should have known better. If he had a problem with the kid he could have simply benched him or sent him packing with far less repercussions. This is simply stupid in this day and time. Those at my age will all recall far worse "punishments" than this by football coaches, but that was a far far different time. Today, this sort of thing is a move that can (and may well) cost Leach his job at Tech. Stupid...simply stupid. Sorry to see this...I wonder how many times he has gotten away with this or something like it? This is probably not a first.

It's a bid deal to Craig James and the folks at Texas Tech! This is a stupid move by Leach and he darn sure should have known better. If he had a problem with the kid he could have simply benched him or sent him packing with far less repercussions. This is simply stupid in this day and time. Those at my age will all recall far worse "punishments" than this by football coaches, but that was a far far different time. Today, this sort of thing is a move that can (and may well) cost Leach his job at Tech. Stupid...simply stupid. Sorry to see this...I wonder how many times he has gotten away with this or something like it? This is probably not a first.

They say now it was a building, not a closet of a shed.

Leach wants out and Myers wants to fire him. Everyone wins.

• Downvote 1