Texas Southern (12/28/09)

CMJ

The last one in our four game homestand. To go 2-2 in this would be a tremendous disappointment, so a win is pretty crucial(at least from a confidence standpoint). On paper we should win this, but we already saw that doesn't always work out. Last OOC until mid-February.

Edited by CMJ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last one in our four game homestand. To go 2-2 in this would be a tremendous disappointment, so a win is pretty crucial(at least from a confidence standpoint). On paper we should win this, but we already saw that doesn't always work out. Last OOC until mid-February.

Tough stretch after this game......4 of 5 on the road---all conference games. At both Arkansas schools, at ULL, home to UNO, and then at Troy. This is why that FIU loss hurts so much. It'd sure be nice going in to these 2-0...instead of 1-1. But it is, what it is.

Tough stretch after this game......4 of 5 on the road---all conference games. At both Arkansas schools, at ULL, home to UNO, and then at Troy. This is why that FIU loss hurts so much. It'd sure be nice going in to these 2-0...instead of 1-1. But it is, what it is.

Yeah, but I'm gonna worry about that stretch after this one. No doubt that's a daunting stretch. Especially given our shakey results against UALR and ULL in their houses.

Edited by CMJ

I just shared my thoughts/expectations elsewhere.

I'll go out on a limb and call the 3 games at UALR, Arkansas State, and ULL a "critical 3 game stretch". Like SUMG said... After the FIU game, nothing can be taken for granted.

But UALR was weak even before losing Mike Smith. ULL is a total basket case team. And Arkansas State is struggling badly. Boone is already gone, they may be losing another guard for the season because of Mike Lance's back problems, and they've got SERIOUS free throw issues. Way worse than ours.

Three on the road against those teams will go a long way towards convincing me that we can consistently play above competition where we have the talent advantage. If we lose any of those... Then I'll start getting very concerned about what we can accomplish this year.

Point guard and turnovers. :ph34r:

Leaves me with a bad feeling about these upcoming games.

Unfortunately, I agree. Really do need to hold turnovers to a bare minimum if UNT is to comre out of this next stretch of games in good shape. Cold set the stagefor a great season...or......

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

I'm still pissed off about the FIU loss. Completely uninspired basketball... what an embarrassment. Believe it or not, I came close to abandoning this team after that game. And I've never felt that way after any game so you know I was unhappy. A cooler head prevailed and I attended the very next game to watch them manhandle a decent S.E. Louisiana team.

Yeah, things looked a bit more promising at the beginning of the season when we could say that we had all 5 starters returning along with a bunch of promising newcomers. Excluding Mangrum, at this point we are now missing 6 of our top 10 players from last year's team. I still think we can be a good team, but somebody has got to make up for all of that lost point production and I'm not sure who that is going to be. I guess we have to hope that TT continues his improvement, and that someone like Thomas can find a way to consistently put the ball in the hole. Any more injuries down low and we could be in big trouble.

I still think we struggle on the road and will be lucky to win 2 of the 5.

Since that's where you set the bar, I'll wager you that we win at least three of those games.

Loser owes the winner a tasty soda beverage and commemorative cup at the home game that follows that stretch?

Really gets the jinx going on, doesn't he?

Tristan and Collin really carrying us tonight.

Its unreal...and yet he continues to do it.

I hope this is a sign that TT is asserting himself and taking on the role of the lead scorer. Balance is fine, but show me the last time a team won much of anything without a legit go to guy...and if Josh is going to run point for 38 minutes a night someone else needs to take on the scoring load and I can't think of anyone better than Tristan