Biggest Unt Sports Story Of The Decade ?

NT03

The win in the N.O. Bowl in '02 because one of the four straight title seasons included a losing season, and were against some brand new 1-A teams. The Bowl win was in front of a good size television audience, brought North Texas people together like never before and was against a solid opponent who was also a conference champion, who in fact had the eventual mythical national champion on the ropes in an earlier game that year.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

NORTH TEXAS BEATS CINCY 24-19..... Enough Said.....Number #3 team in the nation today.

Huge for the program and for people to finally stop making excuses about getting behind this team... Those four straight conference championship had alot of talented and never give up players.... Miss it so much...

Edited by UNT_playmaker

I voted PC/JMo back-to-back rushing titles as the biggest story, because I think that created a lot of nice pub for the school, both locally and nationally.

But... the stadium vote was the most significant event, because it sets the program up for much more success in the future.

I also thought the poll entry below was interesting:

"Dd fired , TD fired" :shifty:

Ten years from now it could be the fee approval. I can't wait to see the dividends that pays.

For now, I liked the NO Bowl win but the NCAA bid a few years ago probably got us more exposure.

J-Mo and Cobbs come up not far behind.

My basketball weenie wanted to go with the NCAA bid as well...but I have no fonder college memory (probably a poor choice of words) than the NO Bowl win in '02.

I voted PC/JMo back-to-back rushing titles as the biggest story, because I think that created a lot of nice pub for the school, both locally and nationally.

But... the stadium vote was the most significant event, because it sets the program up for much more success in the future.

I also thought the poll entry below was interesting:

"Dd fired , TD fired" :shifty:

I didn't notice that and it wasn't intented. Should have read DD fired , TD hired

I voted RV hired