Who Replaces Missouri If They Move To The Big 10 ?

MeanGreen61

Some possible candidates for Missouri's spot in the Big XII North ?

Arkansas ? They may not want to leave the bigger SEC bucks.

TCU ? Would the Big XII take another private school ? Might be questionable. (Stadium 46,000 - attendance average 38,187)

Colorado State ? Small market. (Stadium - 34,400 - attendance average 23,643)

Houston ? Too far south to be a decent fit ? (Stadium 33,00 - attendance average 25,242)

TCU is the most obvious choice and then realign north and south...

You say most obvious because....? Recent football success? I certainly would think the decision would be based on more than that. TCU has a very small enrollment, less than 8,000 undergrad and less than 9,000 total. I would think that would be a huge knock against them.

It depends--if its just Mizzou, then I think they try for Arkansas, but if that fails (which it would), they would probably go with Memphis. If both Mizzou and Colorado were to leave--CU to the Pac-10 has been bandied about--then I believe they will get Utah and BYU. Apparently, BYU and Utah are tied at the hip, even though one is private and one is public. I know the Big XII has trademarked the Big XIV, so that has to be considered, too, but I believe that those will be the targets.

It depends--if its just Mizzou, then I think they try for Arkansas, but if that fails (which it would), they would probably go with Memphis. If both Mizzou and Colorado were to leave--CU to the Pac-10 has been bandied about--then I believe they will get Utah and BYU. Apparently, BYU and Utah are tied at the hip, even though one is private and one is public. I know the Big XII has trademarked the Big XIV, so that has to be considered, too, but I believe that those will be the targets.

I don't beleive that Utah or BYU will be considered for the Big XII (XiV). Memphis would be a long shot as they would probably prefer to rejoin old rivals Cincy and Louisville in the BE.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Memphis would be ideal out of all them. If the Big 12 would consider BYU then they should also look at Utah. Utah is a big public school with a lot of skins on the wall however the positive that BYU has is they too are a big institution albeit private. Plus I think the Big 12 would consider that they travel very well so that would be interesting.

If Arkansas declines, how about the Big 12 trying to lure Iowa? Natural in-state rival in Iowa State, plus Kansas and Nebraska. Iowa travels well too. More revenue in the Big 10 or Big 12 ?

I believe that the Big 10 has much better TV contracts than the Big 12. Plus, Iowa has many traditional rivals in the Big 10.