Smu's Bowl Bid Creates A Buzz At Sl Carroll

gangrene

SMU's bowl bid creates a buzz at SL Carroll

From the article - Since SMU was invited to the Dec. 24 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl, freshman quarterback Kyle Padron's phone has been ringing.

"Kids from my high school have been calling me to see if they have any scholarships available," he said. "They're sending me their tapes and stuff."

Personally, I don't think we ever had a pipeline with SLC but, if we did, it's all but dried up now.

So kids from a priveleged school are expressing interest in a school with a white collar reputation...how is this surprising?

Besides, as has been mentioned before, is it really a loss to miss out on kids who are potentially maxed out already and have no sense of adversity?

Not knocks on these kids or SMU (save your ammo) but valid points IMHO.

Uh oh, the topic nazi has surfaced again!

Sorry, I didn't mean to find the linked article so depressing. And, it's gratifying that there's only one thread about it so far. Plus, now I don't dislike SMU fans anymore because of having felt like they're rude and arrogant. Oh, and happy about providing a target for the "N" word. I'll now go back to reading a book about the different ways in which the Soviets were planning to kill Americans; I had kind of backed off on it due to it not seeming cheerful enough.

Edited by eulessismore

So kids from a priveleged school are expressing interest in a school with a white collar reputation...how is this surprising?

Besides, as has been mentioned before, is it really a loss to miss out on kids who are potentially maxed out already and have no sense of adversity?

Not knocks on these kids or SMU (save your ammo) but valid points IMHO.

Compared to those damn Blue collar Universities, wait what?

Well, Euless has considered itself more Blue Collar than Southlake. Still, some of those in Euless consider North Texas football to be in a shambles.

I don't think most Universities consider themselves blue collar, nor should they.