House Panel To Push College Playoff Option

NT80

And, I thinking THIS is the most important thing Joe Barton has to do these days in Congress??????? <_<

I guess it depends on the amount of time it takes, it is interstate commerce with fair-trade practices at question which his committee oversees.

A couple of days ago Barton, basically, had the same article in the FWST. He compared TCU to Baylor for the last five years and said that during that time TCU made something like $2.5 million from four bowl games while Baylor made $4.5 million for their cut of the Big 12 revenues. The article was in the paper but was not posted on the FWST web site.

One could argue the BCS is a monopoly and interferes with free-trade. They are also tax exempt organizations.

Threaten the NCAA to have their tax exemption revoked and watch how fast they get a playoff plan together.

That should get their attention. Honestly, what basis is there for such an exemption; their "charitable" work of welfare for the wealthy?

That should get their attention. Honestly, what basis is there for such an exemption; their "charitable" work of welfare for the wealthy?

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the charities they fund and money they provide for scholarships. Not saying it's enough to justify the exemption, just saying they may do "enough" to qualify. I now work for a non-profit and have a great deal more understanding about how that "non-profit" thing works. I would imagine its all about "Scholarship athletes" when looking at the NCAA as a non-profit.