– Gerald Ford, 52 percent

– Richard Nixon, 59 percent

– Lyndon Johnson, 74 percent

– John Kennedy, 77 percent

– Dwight Eisenhower, 69 percent

– Harry Truman, 49 percent

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/08...resident-point/

My favorate one:

When Gallup began taking presidential approval polls 71 years ago, Franklin Roosevelt had been president for more than five years. During his remaining time in office, his job approval rating never fell below 48 percent.

The next 11 presidents, both Democrats and Republicans, all had higher job approval ratings than Obama at this stage of their tenure. Their ratings were:

He sucks.

• Upvote 1

When you elect a president, especially one taking over a situation like America's... You have to give him at least four years before you really evaluate him or hold him to any standards.

I'm just glad we've finally got a president who's doing things the right way. Someone who we can be proud of and respect as a man, unlike the guy we had here before. That guy had alcohol problems, and his assistants were shameful human beings. His offensive coordinator assaulted a guy over 60, for crying out loud! I'll never understand why we extended that guy's contract...

Anyway... Even if Obama is never really successful, I'll be grateful for what he's done to right the ship and clean house.

And you can say what you want about his popularity and public support, but America's population has never been higher. The numbers don't lie... People are excited about what the future holds under this president, and it's important for us all to rally behind him.

If you can't support him, we don't need you. Go root for Canada or Mexico, you fair-weather citizens.

When you elect a president, especially one taking over a situation like America's... You have to give him at least four years before you really evaluate him or hold him to any standards.

I'm just glad we've finally got a president who's doing things the right way. Someone who we can be proud of and respect as a man, unlike the guy we had here before. That guy had alcohol problems, and his assistants were shameful human beings. His offensive coordinator assaulted a guy over 60, for crying out loud! I'll never understand why we extended that guy's contract...

Anyway... Even if Obama is never really successful, I'll be grateful for what he's done to right the ship and clean house.

And you can say what you want about his popularity and public support, but America's population has never been higher. The numbers don't lie... People are excited about what the future holds under this president, and it's important for us all to rally behind him.

If you can't support him, we don't need you. Go root for Canada or Mexico, you fair-weather citizens.

Go President Dodge!

Its not Obama's fault he really did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

But imagine what President Obama could get done with a new house. The White House is far too old for a country like ours and we have way too many citizens to build back anything of a similar size. With our immigration policies, we should be well over 500 million in population by the year 2020. We all considered other Presidents for the job, but we have to stick with the one we've got. I don't think we can get another foreign leader for what we pay Obama.

But imagine what President Obama could get done with a new house. The White House is far too old for a country like ours and we have way too many citizens to build back anything of a similar size. With our immigration policies, we should be well over 500 million in population by the year 2020. We all considered other Presidents for the job, but we have to stick with the one we've got. I don't think we can get another foreign leader for what we pay Obama.

It's true. Anyone who thinks that Berlusconi or someone like Madhav Kumar is going to come here and take over the job of running this country is deluding themselves. And if you really think that we're going to get any better results by going out and offering the presidency to some cabinet minister from a G8 country... I've got some oceanfront property in Paraguay that I'd like to sell you.

Also, let's not rewrite history here. I remember a lot of enthusiasm and excitement back when President Obama was elected. Chief Justice Roberts was just taking his cues from the popular sentiment at the time when he inaugurated him. It's not fair to get angry at Roberts now. Especially when Obama is just 4 or 5 omnibus legislative bills away from a 60% approval rating or better.

If nothing else, Obama is a good public face for the country. He does an amazing job promoting us publicly, and that's something we really needed at this point in our history. And with all the support he's getting from the media, I think maybe we should all take a step back and appreciate the situation from their perspective.

My son is Congressional Page, and I think that most of the people here that are complaining and second guessing Obama are completely unqualified to even discuss the situation. Have any of you ever even been a Governor? A Mayor? Hell, I bet most of you couldn't even cut it on the middle school student council!

Besides... He's got the only approval that really matters:

BarackObama-Utah1.jpg

[quote name='TheTastyGreek' date='Dec 9 2009, 02:31 AM' post='463006'

My son is Congressional Page, and I think that most of the people here that are complaining and second guessing Obama are completely unqualified to even discuss the situation. Have any of you ever even been a Governor? A Mayor? Hell, I bet most of you couldn't even cut it on the middle school student council!

...you know, if you guys could actually come up with something original instead of the same hijack over, and over, and over... (...and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...) ...again, it MIGHT be funny.

...at this point it's more of a...

attwhore.jpg

...thing. Just sayin'.

[quote name='TheTastyGreek' date='Dec 9 2009, 02:31 AM' post='463006'

And, there you have it...the final word...if you have never been elected to political office, you have no ability to judge good or bad leadership and decide what is best for you and your family. Man, I can sleep now so very soundly knowing who can speak to this topic. By the way, Tasty...what political office have you been elected to? Just asking.......I mean, you did state an opinion and seems you may or may not be qualified...according to your own standards. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...pretty funny stance I think! :lol::unsure:

I think it's too soon to make any decisions.

Tasty, do you have any research on presidents who have turned it around after a slow start like this?

• Downvote 1

And, there you have it...the final word...if you have never been elected to political office, you have no ability to judge good or bad leadership and decide what is best for you and your family. Man, I can sleep now so very soundly knowing who can speak to this topic. By the way, Tasty...what political office have you been elected to? Just asking.......I mean, you did state an opinion and seems you may or may not be qualified...according to your own standards. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...pretty funny stance I think! :lol::unsure:

I hope this is genius sarcasm.

If not, Tasty has just pulled off the best slice of irony in recent memory, baiting Mr. "Where did you coach football exactly?" into the trap of the double standard.

Sincerely,

The Monday Morning QB

I hope this is genius sarcasm.

If not, Tasty has just pulled off the best slice of irony in recent memory, baiting Mr. "Where did you coach football exactly?" into the trap of the double standard.

Sincerely,

The Monday Morning QB

Don't celebrate too much. We did this to Kram over the summer too. Literally the exact same set up and everything.

Dodgbama is a dangerous game to play.

• Downvote 1

...you know, if you guys could actually come up with something original instead of the same hijack over, and over, and over... (...and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...) ...again, it MIGHT be funny.

attwhore.jpg

...thing. Just sayin'.

New?

Also...I would. Attention whore or not.

attwhore.jpg

...thing. Just sayin'.

Is that an oil tanker in the background?

It's true. Anyone who thinks that Berlusconi or someone like Madhav Kumar is going to come here and take over the job of running this country is deluding themselves. And if you really think that we're going to get any better results by going out and offering the presidency to some cabinet minister from a G8 country... I've got some oceanfront property in Paraguay that I'd like to sell you.

Also, let's not rewrite history here. I remember a lot of enthusiasm and excitement back when President Obama was elected. Chief Justice Roberts was just taking his cues from the popular sentiment at the time when he inaugurated him. It's not fair to get angry at Roberts now. Especially when Obama is just 4 or 5 omnibus legislative bills away from a 60% approval rating or better.

If nothing else, Obama is a good public face for the country. He does an amazing job promoting us publicly, and that's something we really needed at this point in our history. And with all the support he's getting from the media, I think maybe we should all take a step back and appreciate the situation from their perspective.

Besides... He's got the only approval that really matters:

BarackObama-Utah1.jpg

You guys just don't get it. After the 1st quarter of his presidency, Pres. Obama is down to a 47% approval rating, thus 4 points behkind a successful election. I predict by the end of the 2nd quarter of his presidency, he will be down to a 35% approval rating, falling 16 points behind a successful election. By the end of the 3rd, I predict Pres. Obama will be down to a 25 % approval rating, falling 26 points behind a successful election.

During his 4th quarter, with the republicans pulling all of the most effective campaign ads and decreasing campaign spending because the President's defeat is assured, Pres. Obama makes a furious rally, Pulling back up to 43 percent in the opinion polls, but still losing by 7% of the vote in the 2012 election.

Democrats, citing the dramatic improvement in Pres. Obama's approval rating, and the fact that they think Pres. Obama has the ability to improve in 2013, argue for the retention of Pres. Obama.

The fact that Pres. Obama has lost the election does not dissuade the ahrdent Pres. Obama supporters, who say that he just needs more time for all of his social programs to take full effect and argue that the tax increases to fund these programs only went into effect three years ago, thus not giving Pres. Obama the time needed for his social programs to mature.

The American public just simply scratched their collective heads in astonishment/amusement as these obviously delusional supports failed to realize the results were already in. :D

Bush closes the gap.

Perhaps the greatest measure of Obama's declining support is that just 50% of voters now say they prefer having him as President to George W. Bush, with 44% saying they'd rather have his predecessor. Given the horrendous approval ratings Bush showed during his final term that's somewhat of a surprise and an indication that voters are increasingly placing the blame on Obama for the country's difficulties instead of giving him space because of the tough situation he inherited.

Rick

Obama Lowest Approval of All Presidents at Same Point

– George W. Bush, 86 percent

– Bill Clinton, 52 percent

– George H.W. Bush, 71 percent

– Ronald Reagan, 49 percent

– Jimmy Carter, 57 percent

– Gerald Ford, 52 percent

– Richard Nixon, 59 percent

– Lyndon Johnson, 74 percent

– John Kennedy, 77 percent

– Dwight Eisenhower, 69 percent

– Harry Truman, 49 percent

--- Your sourse is Fox News... so what would you expect them to report...??? If it is a credible sourse of information and News then once a while they would actually say something decent about a non-Republican...It is nothing more than a GOP proganda network...... THINK.!!... It is not the least bit objective or as they say "fair and balanced". Not everyone tells the truth..Bush claimed to be a conservative then outspend his budgets more than the previous 42 Presidents COMBINED (including the ones duirng WWI and WWII.... He was a screaming LIBERAL when it come to spending... I am not trying to convert you to anything.... just to recognize the truth when you see it. ..

---How many of the above inherited an economy as bad as Obama did.... none.... plus he also inherited a war that was STARTED by the previous President. (The only war the USA have ever started...9-11 had nothing to do with Iraq or anyone who had ever lived in Iraq... some people in Afghanistan did though)

---You will likely laugh at this but you need to face the honest facts and look at balanced sourses.... none are perfect or completely unbias (almost no person is either) ... but Fox is pure party propoganda. Murdock's first adventure (ownership) in national journalism was "STAR" a super market tabloid that is a joke. Beck and Rush supposedly have one hour of earned college credit between them (PE) so they are not the most informed guys in the world... just former DJs that can talk forever about nothing. Niether are dumb but they are very uneducated and both have even had substance abuse problems... Rush presciption drugs and Beck alcoholism.... These are many people's heroes and they think they are all-wise.......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

--- Your sourse is Fox News... so what would you expect them to report...??? If it is a credible sourse of information and News then once a while they would actually say something decent about a non-Republican...It is nothing more than a GOP proganda network...... THINK.!!... It is not the least bit objective or as they say "fair and balanced". Not everyone tells the truth..Bush claimed to be a conservative then outspend his budgets more than the previous 42 Presidents COMBINED (including the ones duirng WWI and WWII.... He was a screaming LIBERAL when it come to spending... I am not trying to convert you to anything.... just to recognize the truth when you see it. ..

---How many of the above inherited an economy as bad as Obama did.... none.... plus he also inherited a war that was STARTED by the previous President. (The only war the USA have ever started...9-11 had nothing to do with Iraq or anyone who had ever lived in Iraq... some people in Afghanistan did though)

---You will likely laugh at this but you need to face the honest facts and look at balanced sourses.... none are perfect or completely unbias (almost no person is either) ... but Fox is pure party propoganda. Murdock's first adventure (ownership) in national journalism was "STAR" a super market tabloid that is a joke. Beck and Rush supposedly have one hour of earned college credit between them (PE) so they are not the most informed guys in the world... just former DJs that can talk forever about nothing. Niether are dumb but they are very uneducated and both have even had substance abuse problems... Rush presciption drugs and Beck alcoholism.... These are many people's heroes and they think they are all-wise.......

I think Fox News was analyzing the latest Gallup Poll but don't let reading comprehension get in the way of trying to make the same tired argument you've making for a while now.

Edited by UNTFan23

I really wonder some days if you are all there? Yes we know that everything conceived bad ever since the beginning of time was Bush's fault.

The original source data is the Gallup poll, but I am sure you believe FOX made that up as well. The point being that Obama is facing difficulty and shows no ability to lead yet and people are losing faith. Maybe in year 2. And I would take Bush any day, and twice on Sunday.

I really wonder some days if you are all there? Yes we know that everything conceived bad ever since the beginning of time was Bush's fault.

The original source data is the Gallup poll, but I am sure you believe FOX made that up as well. The point being that Obama is facing difficulty and shows no ability to lead yet and people are losing faith. Maybe in year 2. And I would take Bush any day, and twice on Sunday.

---I am all here.. and have been a long time.. and have seen a lot of things including being draft bait for Viet Nam. maybe you have not lived long enough to really understand how bad things are compared to the past. .

--- No President since FDR has inherited anything close to a situation that Obama recieved from the Bush administration... You should know that and seem to ignor it. It will not be not easily corrected and will not be a lot better for quite some time... . Also the Gov. now collects less income tax because of the 2008 Dow drop(less capital gains in fact most are declaring losses), and unemployment (they don't pay taxesbut collect government benefits) but expenses have increased... How in the Hell did the Bush era double the national debt while he was claiming the economy was so good. ??? Face reality..

--Don't say Iraq ---which had no WMD as claimed or did any terrorist acts to us or Europe ... We started it (not connected to 9-11 , Bush admits it)....plus in in the past we fought a very expensive WWII. many times more expensive to what Iraq costs and the economy did not fail. .

--I am you are all there but just don't understand how bad the situation is compared to the past. [ I won't insult you as you did me ] Unemployment is now the highest since 1984 (Reagan era) and when banks were failing left and right but still over-all things are worse now..... the stock market and economy in general was not as bad as Bush left us.

**** some people still thinks a team that wins 1-2 games is great **** They refuse to face reality either.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

---I am all here.. and have been a long time.. and have seen a lot of things including being draft bait for Viet Nam. maybe you have not lived long enough to really understand how bad things are compared to the past. .

--- No President since FDR has inherited anything close to a situation that Obama recieved from the Bush administration... You should know that and seem to ignor it. It will not be not easily corrected and will not be a lot better for quite some time... . Also the Gov. now collects less income tax because of the 2008 Dow drop(less capital gains in fact most are declaring losses), and unemployment (they don't pay taxesbut collect government benefits) but expenses have increased... How in the Hell did the Bush era double the national debt while he was claiming the economy was so good. ??? Face reality..

--Don't say Iraq ---which had no WMD as claimed or did any terrorist acts to us or Europe ... We started it (not connected to 9-11 , Bush admits it)....plus in in the past we fought a very expensive WWII. many times more expensive to what Iraq costs and the economy did not fail. .

--I am you are all there but just don't understand how bad the situation is compared to the past. [ I won't insult you as you did me ] Unemployment is now the highest since 1984 (Reagan era) and when banks were failing left and right but still over-all things are worse now..... the stock market and economy in general was not as bad as Bush left us.

**** some people still thinks a team that wins 1-2 games is great **** They refuse to face reality either.

Yup still wondering? Your argument is always the same regardless of topic, so now its Bush's fault that Obama has the worst approval rating in at this point in his presidency? Last time you stopped by you implied FOX made up the this information. Regardless Iraq is not the driving force behind this problem it was the price of energy that kicked this tailspin into action. That was a world wide problem mostly due to speculators and growth in China. Further I am glad and support the invasion of Iraq, I will agree Rumsfeld could have done a much better job and I think he jumped the gun on the invasion. But still your ideas are very bias and without direct reason in most cases.

and have seen a lot of things including being draft bait for Viet Nam. maybe you have not lived long enough to really understand how bad things are compared to the past. .

Well, I certainly have...just wondering did you serve in the military during the Viet Nam era or were you simply "draft bait"? What was your lottery number? Mine was 131 and it went way past 131...served my time as an Air Force officer during the 'Nam era...how about you?