North Texas Ad: 'we Do Keep Score'

UNTflyer

Todd Dodge will be the head football coach at North Texas in 2010, but the message from the university is clear: Win or else.

UNT athletic director Rick Villarreal said Wednesday that he talked with Dodge about the program this week and discussed an "aggressive and demanding" set of expectations for next season.

"I would tell you that .500 would not be a number I'd be excited about," Villarreal said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=4707064

Man, what a relief it was when I realized your title meant the AD (Rick Villarreal) said that; when I first saw it, I thought it was about us having an "Ad" (like a billboard) saying that. That would be way too ironic for right now.

Todd Dodge will be the head football coach at North Texas in 2010, but the message from the university is clear: Win or else.

UNT athletic director Rick Villarreal said Wednesday that he talked with Dodge about the program this week and discussed an "aggressive and demanding" set of expectations for next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=4707064

This is the best article I've read so far on what the expectation for improvement is. I was torn between wanting change vs. one more year for Dodge. 7-5 as a minimum goal for 2010 is a high bar (but expected by year 4) and will hopefully get the attention of the returning assistants starting with spring practice. Win NOW!

Villarreal said. "With the mandate we've put in front of him, if that's the team he wants to go down this road with, we'll get behind him."

Edited by NT80