You Decide: Is Rv Bold Or Stupid?

MeanGreenHoops

A. Bold

B. Stupid

C. All of the above

I'll go with Bold. If it works out he looks like a genius. If it doesn't, he has given the GMG.com moderators a lot of extra deleting of threads to do next fall.

There is no way this could be anything but the opposite of bold. I frankly don't know what RV hoped to accomplish with this evaluation fiasco. What purpose did it serve? If he truly believes that TD can turn it around next year, why all the drama?

Its really the best choice he had...

...in 2011 we open a new stadium. One of two things happen going into that first game -

1. We had a winning season in 2010 under Dodge, he has turned it around and the anticipation for a huge year in our new stadium is high...

or...

2. We had a dismal season in 2010 under Dodge, he has been fired and replaced with a coach with a resume everyone is excited about and the anticipation is huge to see the turnaround.

Either way he has the fan base revved up and all in for the first campaign in the new stadium.

...in 2011 we open a new stadium. One of two things happen going into that first game -

1. We had a winning season in 2010 under Dodge, he has turned it around and the anticipation for a huge year in our new stadium is high...

or...

2. We had a dismal season in 2010 under Dodge, he has been fired and replaced with a coach with a resume everyone is excited about and the anticipation is huge to see the turnaround.

Either way he has the fan base revved up and all in for the first campaign in the new stadium.

There is no reason we could not change assistant coaches.

or...

What about angery fan base if TD wins 2-3 games....sales and support fall off and donations go to *&it. RV looks like fool.

A. Bold

B. Stupid

C. All of the above

I'll go with Bold. If it works out he looks like a genius. If it doesn't, he has given the GMG.com moderators a lot of extra deleting of threads to do next fall.

D. Playing the best hand he can. A new coach would likely have a terrible season and then we go into the new stadium on a down note. If Dodge flops, then bring in a new guy for the new stadium. You get the preseason double hype of a new stadium and a new coach. When the coach has his very likely bad first year, the new stadium excitement can carry on. If Dodge happens to succeed, then RV looks like a genius.

I think there will be a slight drop in season ticket sales, but I'm also sure the renewal pack will mention priority seating for those who have had the most years of continuous tickets to Fouts. I'm also sure MGC donation levels will come into play also. At the new stadium, the first choice of seats will go to the best fans!

Its okay thats fine bring back Dodgie and his high assistants....

But keep in mind this is a business, and after four years of losing money, interests, and productivity... The person who hired Dodge and his assistants is just as responsible for this mishap.

We all know that Dodge might win 2-4 games next season at most, he will be fired in the middle of the season, and replaced by an assistant and it will put a damper on opening our new stadium.

So the person who hired Dodge and gave him the opportunity to use the NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL PROGRAM AS A LEARNING TOOL, should be relieved of his duties.

If this extra year results in the same 2-10 season or worst, Rick Villareal should be FIRED from his post.....

We need a good fundraising AD, and he never lived up to that, while he was here.

Its okay thats fine bring back Dodgie and his high assistants....

But keep in mind this is a business, and after four years of losing money, interests, and productivity... The person who hired Dodge and his assistants is just as responsible for this mishap.

We all know that Dodge might win 2-4 games next season at most, he will be fired in the middle of the season, and replaced by an assistant and it will put a damper on opening our new stadium.

So the person who hired Dodge and gave him the opportunity to use the NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL PROGRAM AS A LEARNING TOOL, should be relieved of his duties.

If this extra year results in the same 2-10 season or worst, Rick Villareal should be FIRED from his post.....

We need a good fundraising AD, and he never lived up to that, while he was here.

I thought RV was your close personal friend who called you to let you know how things are going...

D. Playing the best hand he can. A new coach would likely have a terrible season and then we go into the new stadium on a down note. If Dodge flops, then bring in a new guy for the new stadium. You get the preseason double hype of a new stadium and a new coach. When the coach has his very likely bad first year, the new stadium excitement can carry on. If Dodge happens to succeed, then RV looks like a genius.

I think there will be a slight drop in season ticket sales, but I'm also sure the renewal pack will mention priority seating for those who have had the most years of continuous tickets to Fouts. I'm also sure MGC donation levels will come into play also. At the new stadium, the first choice of seats will go to the best fans!

A new coach would likely have a terrible season .....can't really be worse than what we have had for the last 5 yrs....esp the last 3 yrs. there is just too much good football to watch than continue this....just too painful.

Guest GrayEagleOne

It would not cost much if any to change the assistant coaches.

Not sure which ones to change. I don't know anything about Rausch but he coached Gilmore last year and Robertson this year and they both did pretty well. George did well with the receivers on the surface. I don't know if any broke off routes but there were few drops, some open that weren't seen, and all did well at downfield blocking. Gandy is a good runningbacks coach and a great recruiter. He improved the special teams but they still have a long way to go. Petersen and Buckels need to teach tighter coverage but seem competent. Nelson has only had a year here. He has a ton of experience but it seemed as though it took nearly the entire season to determine who was best where. Leftwich sometimes bugs me because he won't substitute but he seems very sound on technique.

That brings us to Ford. He seems to be a good quarterback coach but not a good OC. I wish that Todd would hire a new OC and let him run it. I know that there's a lot at stake for him but the present scheme isn't working and there needs to be some schemes that use a fullback, pass-receiving tight end and plays where the quarterback is under center. A new OC might do better with play calling and goal line scoring especially.

I'm still not convinced that the assistant coaches are the problem. Most of the blame has to fall on the shoulders of the head coach and the coordinators IMO.

Not sure which ones to change. I don't know anything about Rausch but he coached Gilmore last year and Robertson this year and they both did pretty well. George did well with the receivers on the surface. I don't know if any broke off routes but there were few drops, some open that weren't seen, and all did well at downfield blocking. Gandy is a good runningbacks coach and a great recruiter. He improved the special teams but they still have a long way to go. Petersen and Buckels need to teach tighter coverage but seem competent. Nelson has only had a year here. He has a ton of experience but it seemed as though it took nearly the entire season to determine who was best where. Leftwich sometimes bugs me because he won't substitute but he seems very sound on technique.

That brings us to Ford. He seems to be a good quarterback coach but not a good OC. I wish that Todd would hire a new OC and let him run it. I know that there's a lot at stake for him but the present scheme isn't working and there needs to be some schemes that use a fullback, pass-receiving tight end and plays where the quarterback is under center. A new OC might do better with play calling and goal line scoring especially.

I'm still not convinced that the assistant coaches are the problem. Most of the blame has to fall on the shoulders of the head coach and the coordinators IMO.

He's got to keep food on everyone's plate. After all, we're only paying them all scraps. <_<