Time To Move Forward

Harry

Some here were hoping for a change but now a decision has been made and we should all respect it. It is time for all of the fans in the Mean Green Nation to put their personal opinions aside and get behind Dodge and his staff 100%. I welcome him back and wish him nothing but the best. I expect that he will do everything in his power to get this ship righted in 2010!

Go Mean Green!

I am sure several will move on down the road, TCU and SMU look like better options.

As always, I will continue to support the program regardless of who we have as a coach. This is *our* team - and we shouldn't turn our backs on the young men that represent our university.

I feel that this decision was about 50% financial and about 50% football-related. Changing coaches at this point would truly be a tough thing to do. While I am not going to be happy that we lost a lot of close games, the reality is that we improved over last year, and that says something about the team.

Honestly, if a group of boosters went to Rick and said "Hey, we just raised 5 million dollars - fire the whole staff and go get X or Y person to come in here", the decision might be different. That is basically what happened at SMU - boosters brought June Jones to town - not the AD.

Anyway, the drama is over for now. Hopefully we have a good recruiting season and a great 2010 campaign.

As always, I will continue to support the program regardless of who we have as a coach. This is *our* team - and we shouldn't turn our backs on the young men that represent our university.

I feel that this decision was about 50% financial and about 50% football-related. Changing coaches at this point would truly be a tough thing to do. While I am not going to be happy that we lost a lot of close games, the reality is that we improved over last year, and that says something about the team.

Honestly, if a group of boosters went to Rick and said "Hey, we just raised 5 million dollars - fire the whole staff and go get X or Y person to come in here", the decision might be different. That is basically what happened at SMU - boosters brought June Jones to town - not the AD.

Anyway, the drama is over for now. Hopefully we have a good recruiting season and a great 2010 campaign.

The Drama is only beginning, season ticket sales, attendance, and donation dropouts are all on the horizon.

Honestly, if a group of boosters went to Rick and said "Hey, we just raised 5 million dollars - fire the whole staff and go get X or Y person to come in here", the decision might be different.

To me, this is a good point.

I'm wondering (and speculating between adding to emmitt's vomit pic thread) if perhaps there were enough 'backers' who gave RV input to the effect that they wanted TD back?

I really dont care that Dodge is back, since I knew we couldnt bring in a big name coach to this school.....

But remember that Dodge was the OC coordinator here at NT during the 90s and he was relieved of his postion during time here. So this isnt his first chance at college football coaching, he was given the chance before, he knew what to expect before he came in here.....

Year 4 of the Todd and Rley Dodge experiment should be very interesting, we might see more changes not only to the coaching staff but also the Athletic Department

Guest GrayEagleOne

I really dont care that Dodge is back, since I knew we couldnt bring in a big name coach to this school.....

But remember that Dodge was the OC coordinator here at NT during the 90s and he was relieved of his postion during time here. So this isnt his first chance at college football coaching, he was given the chance before, he knew what to expect before he came in here.....

Year 4 of the Todd and Rley Dodge experiment should be very interesting, we might see more changes not only to the coaching staff but also the Athletic Department

Coaching staff....very possible. Athletic Department....highly doubtful.

I am sure several will move on down the road, TCU and SMU look like better options.

And I do not blame those people. It does not mean they want NT to lose or don't pull for them but TCU is a top program and SMU has started winning. I still love NT and want them to win but if I had to choose to go to a TCU or SMU game versus a NT game then I would probably lean towards the TCU or SMU game.

And I do not blame those people. It does not mean they want NT to lose or don't pull for them but TCU is a top program and SMU has started winning. I still love NT and want them to win but if I had to choose to go to a TCU or SMU game versus a NT game then I would probably lean towards the TCU or SMU game.

Typical of the North Texas region. Full of fair weather fans.

not like SA and Houston at all. They were diehard Aggies in the 90s, and they're diehard Longhorns in these here aughts, dognammit!

Please try to be factual with your posts. Dodge didn't fail in his position as on the offensive staff in the early 90's. Just ask Mitch Maher is he thinks Dodge failed him as his position coach.

I guess I am one of those. I will care when the people in charge care. i don't like being lied to and be told our improvement this year is significant enough for dodge to stay. 2-10 is not significant enough. i am done for now. see ya in 2011 when we get a new coach.