For The Apologists

emmitt01

9-18 @ Army

9-25 Kansas State

TBA @ Clemson

TBA Rice

Which of these games do you think will be a win next season? Granted, the K-state game may get bought out and become a FBS game but that's 1 win. Before you let your heads get full of dreams of going 2-2 or 3-1 against this OOC schedule go back and remember where you thought we were gonna be this year after the Ball State game. Then we start the conference schedule. Think WKU won't improve just a little with a new coach? Who else can you say with confidence we will beat? (no, not argumentative confidence...actual "I'd put money on it" confidence) Yeah, looks bleak to me too. But hey, maybe we'll play them all "close."

Edited by emmitt01

9-18 @ Army

9-25 Kansas State

TBA @ Clemson

TBA Rice

Which of these games do you think will be a win next season? Granted, the K-state game may get bought out and become a FBS game but that's 1 win. Before you let your heads get full of dreams of going 2-2 or 3-1 against this OOC schedule go back and remember where you thought we were gonna be this year after the Ball State game. Then we start the conference schedule. Think WKU won't improve just a little with a new coach? Who else can you say with confidence we will beat? (no, not argumentative confidence...actual "I'd put money on it" confidence) Yeah, looks bleak to me too. But hey, maybe we'll play them all "close."

0-4

dumbest thread ever. Without information on how we recruit this year, what coaching and preparation changes are made, and some information on how those schools look going into next season, it is impossible to make a prediction.

...but I think the Cowboys win the Superbowl in 2032. :rolleyes:

9-18 @ Army

9-25 Kansas State

TBA @ Clemson

TBA Rice

Which of these games do you think will be a win next season? Granted, the K-state game may get bought out and become a FBS game but that's 1 win. Before you let your heads get full of dreams of going 2-2 or 3-1 against this OOC schedule go back and remember where you thought we were gonna be this year after the Ball State game. Yeah, looks bleak to me too. But hey, maybe we'll play them all "close."

Honestly, I see three potential wins there. We definitely should have beaten Army this year, Rice sucks again so we have a shot against them and if the K-State game gets replaced with Sam Houston or Texas State we, again, should win. Sad but true - I'd be worried to play SFA right now as they almost beat a good SMU team this year.

Then again, we could have three more close losses or even blowout losses....who really knows anymore?

dumbest thread ever. Without information on how we recruit this year, what coaching and preparation changes are made, and some information on how those schools look going into next season, it is impossible to make a prediction.

...but I think the Cowboys win the Superbowl in 2032. :rolleyes:

Not so hard to gaze into that crystal ball really.

what coaching and preparation changes are made

If no (head) coaching change is made no preparation change will be made...nor in game strategy, nor success.

I think Clemson is the 1st game.I was told this was going to happen , but nothing has been worked out so we'll see. Spiller or not , blowout loss. Any team confidence we may have heading into a brand new season goes right down the drain,

I think we can beat Rice .... maybe.... ok it should atleast be a close game.

9-18 @ Army

9-25 Kansas State

TBA @ Clemson

TBA Rice

That looks 0-4 to me (we are #115 out of 120 in the country and none of them are in the bottom 5). I say we may see 2 wins next year at best. RV will see progress because we will only lose by 3 points or less and will re-sign Dodge to a 4-year contract. Let's bring in the new stadium with progress!

BTW, I don't really like the "lost by 7 or less" progress line of thought. Doesn't that mean that we would need a touchdown (which we didn't get) to tie? And don't we have a current history of losing in OT? Just doesn't seem like progress to me. 2 wins is 2 wins. Dodge didn't get it done. Sorry Dodge, time for you to go. If RV can't let Dodge go because of "progress" then maybe they should both seek employment elsewhere. Come on Dr. B! Let's get this train on the right track for the new stadium. Give us some HOPE!

Not so hard to gaze into that crystal ball really.

If no (head) coaching change is made no preparation change will be made...nor in game strategy, nor success.

Yup... you've got it all figured out. Might as well close the forums and the discussions, everyone. emmitt has the future actions of the folks who make up our football program figured out. Let's roll up the sidewalk and cut the T1 lines.

We're 1-3 if K-State opts out and we get a game with Samford or Nicholls State. (TSU beats us, so would Stephen F Austin)

We go 0-4 if K-State stays with us.

9-18 @ Army (L) - Army beat us this year with less than they will have next year.

9-25 Kansas State (L) - No argument here. There is no Big XII team we could compete with now.

TBA @ Clemson (L) - They had an 8-4 record in the ACC. (Beat Boston College, Virginia, and Miami) Enough said...

TBA Rice (L) - A lot like UNT. Not a great year, but they beat Tulane, UTEP, and lost to SMU by 3 towards the end of the season. Their young team improved as the year went on.

I'm not trying to be a nay-sayer... I think Emmitt is just making a good point. Simply put, we are all trying to find a way to justify supporting a coach who hasnt been able to lift us out of the hole we are in, as he promised. Todd Dodge said from day one he intended for this team to contend for a conference title immediately. Okay, not very realistic for a first-year head coach. Still, after three years we are still getting beat almost every game, especially at home? Is there anywhere else in the country a Division-I college coach can go 5-31 and not be under fire? If the board is a good cross section of fans and Alums, then we all agree on that. If TD is here next season, then we will of course back him. That's what we do. But this thread is just one of the many that voice our frustrations. I am as tired of this non-sense as anyone, but we have no control. So this is where we say what we feel. Lame or not, we say it here... Thanks Harry.

GMG!!!

Disclaimer - This short rant is not intended to make the Monday Morning Recap. So Quoner, please file this one under "No need to re-publish"

Todd Dodge said from day one he intended for this team to contend for a conference title immediately. Okay, not very realistic for a first-year head coach. Still, after three years we are still getting beat almost every game, especially at home? Is there anywhere else in the country a Division-I college coach can go 5-31 and not be under fire?

We are so far off from competing for a conference championship at this point.....we have yet to figure out how to master the extra point.

I think we might win one of those games, though it won't be Kansas State and it won't be Clemson in Death Valley. So that leaves Army and Rice. If Dodge comes back, Riley is healthy and we get the kicking game together, I could see UNT starting 1-3.

I don't think 0-4 would be the end of the world if we beat most of the Belt.

I think we might win one of those games, though it won't be Kansas State and it won't be Clemson in Death Valley. So that leaves Army and Rice. If Dodge comes back, Riley is healthy and we get the kicking game together, I could see UNT starting 1-3.

I don't think 0-4 would be the end of the world if we beat most of the Belt.

What in our recent history suggests that we could win one of these games? Army will in the second year under a coach that managed to beat us this year. Next year, at home, I would say we are likely to struggle with them. Rice may be bad, but we can't really beat bad teams, they have to be horrible before we can beat them.

And if we start 0-4, who in the Belt can we beat? Looking again at recent history, I would say maybe 1. I am not confident about this next season if Dodge is still around. I am just not seeing much reason to be hopeful. There is not a team in FBS that would look at the scoreboard in the 4th, down by 7 or fewer points with less than 2 minutes remaining, and not think that they could beat us.

Assuming we make improvements, 2-2 certainly ought to be expected. The losses of Nwigwe and Gilmore hurt, but we ought to be improved in most areas with our new players, experience, and a full year with Coach Gahagan.

I am not so sure the loss of Gilmore is a big loss and since the coaches kept screwing him on position, Nwigwe was the defensive leader, but he also made many bone-head plays and penalties that hurt the team in tight situations.