Why Is Clayton George's Name Being Mentioned?

ntsumck

Is Clayton being thrown into the firing squad just because of no previous college coaching experience? Look at what he has done since coming to NT.

He has recruited: Lance Dunbar, John Shorter (who committed to TCU and came here because of Coach George), William Cole, Draylen Cook, AK, James Hamilton and new signee Javia Hall. He has others already committed for next year.

In addition, he has coached his position players quite well. Fitzgerald to his record breaking year, Darrius Carey (maybe SBC Freshman of the Year) and Jamal Jackson has had a solid first year. He also teaches them how to run great routes and read defenses, contrary to what some might believe.

And most of all, the players respect him. He might be one of our best on the staff.

Just some thoughts.

Is Clayton being thrown into the firing squad just because of no previous college coaching experience? Look at what he has done since coming to NT.

He has recruited: Lance Dunbar, John Shorter (who committed to TCU and came here because of Coach George), William Cole, Draylen Cook, AK, James Hamilton and new signee Javia Hall. He has others already committed for next year.

In addition, he has coached his position players quite well. Fitzgerald to his record breaking year, Darrius Carey (maybe SBC Freshman of the Year) and Jamal Jackson has had a solid first year. He also teaches them how to run great routes and read defenses, contrary to what some might believe.

And most of all, the players respect him. He might be one of our best on the staff.

Just some thoughts.

I thought it was DeWaylon Cook not Shorter that verbaled to TCU and then switched to us. If I remember Shorter came to us from Lake Highlands and never verbaled to TCU.

Clayton has been an excellent hire for this program and I'm glad we now know that he's not being singled out. Going into this year we didn't have much to go on in a proven set of recievers as it was everyone's guess as to who we would go to in the clutch? Turns out, we had several play makers on this team and it's been CG's responsibility to mold them into a good recieving corp, and he's done just that.

Our wide recieving has been one of the bright spots on this team for three years running now.

Rick

Clayton has been an excellent hire for this program and I'm glad we now know that he's not being singled out. Going into this year we didn't have much to go on in a proven set of recievers as it was everyone's guess as to who we would go to in the clutch? Turns out, we had several play makers on this team and it's been CG's responsibility to mold them into a good recieving corp, and he's done just that.

Our wide recieving has been one of the bright spots on this team for three years running now.

Rick

Yep.

On a team that has spent 3 years unable to master the extra point, this is, amazingly, a bright spot. I can't recall many bad drops, lousy blocking, or poor routes at all from this group. Definitely less than I've seen in the past... the only complaints aren't their fault - constantly forced into bubble screens and 3 yard stop routes, or being horribly underthrown or sold out when downfield.

Just some thoughts.

I dont think that Clayton is on the block. He is out on the road recruiting. At least that is what the football secetary said today.

I dont think that Clayton is on the block. He is out on the road recruiting. At least that is what the football secetary said today.

So what does a UNT coach say to a potential recruit about our current situation?

"I'm not sure who the coaches will be and I'm not sure what players will be back, but just commit and we'll talk more later!"

So what does a UNT coach say to a potential recruit about our current situation?

"I'm not sure who the coaches will be and I'm not sure what players will be back, but just commit and we'll talk more later!"

Is it just possible that the coaching staff knows more about what's goin' on than the muddled masses sitting and starring at their computers waiting, waiting, waiting ?

Is it just possible that the coaching staff knows more about what's goin' on than the muddled masses sitting and starring at their computers waiting, waiting, waiting ?

Dang, fancy that; in this age, some assistant coach out driving out in the boondocks of East Texas or whereever, on their way to visit a recruit, knowing more than somebody with high speed internet!

The "muddled masses" are the consumers of the product. As such, any disregard to them results in lost causes and lost revenue. Ask GM how that worked out for them when they ignored the consumers. :blink:

Edited by NT80

The "muddled masses" are the consumers of the product. As such, any disregard to them results in lost causes and lost revenue. Ask GM how that worked out for them when they ignored the consumers. :blink:

So you're saying we will be getting a bail-out?!?! That would be nice to get the stadium built.