Only At Unt

Harry

Look around the country and you see quick, definitive decisions being made regarding football programs and their coaches. It is the RIGHT way to handle business decisions. We on the other hand, sit in uncertainty. We leave Dodge and the assistant coaches who are out trying to recruit athletes on our behalf hanging in the balance. We leave a group of players and their families wondering about their future. We leave the fans to speculate and wonder. Please don't tell me that a "full evaluation" needed to be made. We knew how the season played out well before the Arkansas State loss. And don't tell us Dr. Bataille is out of town. With all of the technology available it would be very easy to schedule a teleconference with Dr. Bataille to work out the issues.

If the decision was made to let Dodge go we should of done that immediately after the season was over. Now, even if we decide to keep him there will always be a bad taste regarding this period of delay. Why can't we handle things with class and handle people with dignity? Is that too much to ask?

Only at North Texas.

Look around the country and you see quick, definitive decisions being made regarding football programs and their coaches. It is the RIGHT way to handle business decisions. We on the other hand, sit in uncertainty. We leave Dodge and the assistant coaches who are out trying to recruit athletes on our behalf hanging in the balance. We leave a group of players and their families wondering about their future. We leave the fans to speculate and wonder. Please don't tell me that a "full evaluation" needed to be made. We knew how the season played out well before the Arkansas State loss. And don't tell us Dr. Bataille is out of town. With all of the technology available it would be very easy to schedule a teleconference with Dr. Bataille to work out the issues.

If the decision was made to let Dodge go we should of done that immediately after the season was over. Now, even if we decide to keep him there will always be a bad taste regarding this period of delay. Why can't we handle things with class and handle people with dignity? Is that too much to ask?

Only at North Texas.

I think the decision's already been made and they're now giving us the Tiger Woods treatment.

Harry, it is pretty amazing how UNT handles anything related to athletics. Especially football. Time and time again UNT has faltered when it comes to our football program. Makes me really wonder why I devote so much time (traveling to Denton) and money (MG Club and Stadium). I'm going to do some serious soul searching after this crap that I am witnessing again and again.

And you hit the nail on the head. No wonder we get no respect.

Only at North Texas.

Really, how about Florida State? Can't that guy make a decision???? Really, Harry, I do understand your frustration with this situation and I definitely share your "pain" with the "hanging decision", but what bad taste???? I know you have been around college football for more than a few years, and I have been around probably longer than you have (only because I have a year or two on you), and this is certainly not the first program to have taken some time to make a decision regarding their head coach. While I sigh at some of the moves UNT makes these days (mainly on the administrative side), I really do not think UNT is alone in taking a few days to make this important decision...or in at least announcing it. Who is to say that RV hasn't already made the decision and related it to TD that he will have another year? They did meet yesterday, right?

I doubt the "taste" of this will linger long in the hearts and minds of the Mean Green faithful.

You can argue about FSU but at least they had a "coach in waiting". And even then they have paid a price for their indecision.

Harry is 100% right on this one.

Even if the coaches know what's going on the recruits don't.

RV should have come out publicly on this on weeks ago.

I feel more like the Cadillac this is being beaten with a club.

The Caddy? How about Tiger's head? His wife did quite a number on him.

Married fellas, let this be a lesson to you - don't take whores to Australia when you're married. You'd think Tiger would have known this based on the whole thing with the South Carolina governor deal.

The Caddy? How about Tiger's head? His wife did quite a number on him.

Married fellas, let this be a lesson to you - don't take whores to Australia when you're married. You'd think Tiger would have known this based on the whole thing with the South Carolina governor deal.

There is the problem. No marriage, no worries.

[post deleted!]

Mr. Mosely, I wish you were recruiting our kids.

You know what I can't imagine: some of the gmg.com posters have been following this train wreck longer than we've been alive. I don't really blame them and the frustration that has built up.

I hope you are right, and look forward to reading more of your posts.

Edited by greenminer

You know what I can't imagine: some of the gmg.com posters have been following this train wreck longer than we've been alive. I don't really blame them and the frustration that has built up.

Actually frustration is one of our traditions in North Texas athletics. One step forward, two steps back.

You guys don't have a clue to what this program was like in the locker room three years ago. No respect for discipline, no team chemistry. Yes you had a few players who were brought up right and kept the program together but there was more wrong than right three years ago. You now have a program a parent would feel proud to let their son play for. You now have a program teaching young men how to be further citizens after football is over. People stop getting so wrapped up in wins, they are coming next year and will be a norm around here. Dodge has done more behind the scenes than in the win column that is a fact not opinion. The program is better for that. Give the man his full contract time and see if it doesn't all come together. Now the real problem, bring in some defensive help, kicker, and tweak your aggressiveness on defense. I agree, only at UNT would you run off a coach too soon. No he hasn't won you your ballgames but he has built a program UNT can be proud of. To some, being proud is measured only in wins while to others they believe wins come as a result of building pride. Dodge needs to finish what he has started. Bottom line the coaching staff had the players in position to win about 7 ball games this year, players didn't make the plays. Most of these players know that and they are coming back why wouldn't their coach. I say Coach Dodge returns, program is better for it, team wins 7 or more next year and you still have unhappy people. I'm just glad the players don't give up so soon.

ULM game?

Look, the truth is, we haven't seen a complete game out of this team for three years under Dodge. Not one. They're in it for a quarter, they're out of it for three. Well-prepared teams don't loll in and out of games year after year after year.

Anyway, as I told Rick last spring, what goes on behind the scenes doesn't sell tickets. Texas fans don't care how many DWI's their players rack up - unless they start losing. Tennessee fans will still show up even though three players were arrested for robbery. It doesn't matter - unless they are losing.

The majority of kids in every program are good and doing well. And, every one has some bad apples as well. But, truthfully, most of those aren't necessarily bad apples, but just kids who made mistakes. It happens. I think it's a slap at the good kids who played under Dickey to continually throw them under the bus for Dodge's inability to get his team to perform right on the field for 60 minutes 36 games into his tenure.

But, Rick's job is to reach beyond those of us who are already paying cutomers. We are easy. We have degrees and will be there no matter what. Rick's job is to get those beyond the UNT grad. If he can't do that, he shouldn't be the athletic director.

There are plenty of coaches out there who run clean programs andwin. We're in the Sun Belt Conference, not the Big 12 or SEC. The climb isn't as steep as some want us to believe. Rick needs to go out and get coaches who don't make excuses about the past (coaches) or present (youth), but who will go out and win.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch