Every Day

UNT90

Every day that goes by without an announcement, one way or another, hurts this program. And yes, if Dodge stays, an anouncement does need to be made, due mainly to Dodges comments on the fact that he didn't know if he would be back.

This is Day 1. Notre Dame already made it's decision public. Probably made the actual decision a couple of weeks age. Have we made our decision? If so, why not announce it today? Again, either way, just say something.

Every day that goes by gives the impression that we don't know what we are doing.

Phil Collins

http://www.clevver.com/music/video/27546/p...lp-version.html

Edited by UNT90

Well said.

Notre Dame. Virginia. Florida State. Louisville. Even little ol' smaller-budget-than-NT-on-their-best-day ULM. All of them got it done, announced, and the search under way on day one.

Colorado, the school that went the other way, made the public announcment Hawkins would be back BEFORE this weekend's game. There is no question that is necessary here. It is NOT a situation of "we're doing nothing, so why have a press conference?"... EVERYONE in and around this program is on pins and needles right now. Dodge himself goes out in the media last week questioning if he'll even be here next season, which is almost UNHEARD OF for a head football coach. To have ANY chance to avoid embarassment and not blow a hole in recruiting, if Dodge is back there needs to be a large announcment.

RV was on campus today - not knocking on anyone's door, not out on a search. And I'm sure this was his entire agenda. If he's staying, why the delay?

You also have to wonder, is anyone doing any recruiting right now? I mean, if they are......what can they say to a recruit? "If we're here next year, we'd love for you to play for us?"

This statement is 100% true, and should not make me laugh, but that statement brought a good chuckle from me... :lol: ... :blink: ... :( ... :angry: ... <_<

You also have to wonder, is anyone doing any recruiting right now? I mean, if they are......what can they say to a recruit? "If we're here next year, we'd love for you to play for us?"

Vito implied the decision was delayed until Dr. B returned next week. I don't see that as a vote of confidence to wait till the big boss comes back to attend the year end meeting. If it was routine and a continuence then Rv could do it himself.

Also, even if Dodge stays, realistically what can he offer recruits? He might be here one more year maybe two if he wins? If kept, he will be under a mandate to win a set amount of games for 2010 and with no contract past 2011 can't say he'll be at UNT through their career.

If Dodge is not let go until next week and we have to hold the position open for 30 days then we've hurt recruiting again for the new coach.

Either way recruiting for next year will suffer.

Well what is Dodge going to tell them if he does get to keep his job. Come to UNT where you won't play next year because your a freshman and I have to win and if we don't win I will be fired. If Dodge is back the next two recruiting classes will be terrible.

Edited by Pen Yan Fan