Fire Dodge? Are You Crazy?

OGdog078

We lost the Ark State game because of Kicking. We lost 26-30 with a missed FG of 37 yards and XP. Add those 4 point and were talking OT, not end of game.

Army game was the same. We lost 13-17 with a blocked FG of 33 yards and missed XP. The game was 13-10 when Knott missed an XP. Big difference in 14-10 and 13-10. The field goal would have put us up 17-10 with 5:29 left to play. Instead of up by 7 and kicking off (dont get me started on this), were up 4 and Army taking over from the 20. HUGE MOMENTUM SWING. Your defense plays different when you only have to defend the TD to lose the game, instead a FG would only have tied it.

MTSU GAME: Missed XP, Blocked FG (35 yrds), 2 kick off's that were out of bounds. We also passed up on a 45 yard field goal just before half because we knew Knott couldnt get the ball more than 5 feet in the air. We lost by 16, which making the kicks would have been down by 9. MTSU also scored on both drives that started at the 40 when Knott kicked the ball out of bounds.

I think most of the "blocked" FG's were because we couldnt clear the line of scrimmage on a kick with a trajectory of 5 feet. I think one actually hit the center in the back!!

We could have expected 2 or 3 more wins with a good kicker.

IF WE ONLY SIGN 1 RECRUIT THIS OFFSEASON, PLEASE GOD LET IT BE A GOOD KICKER! That will have the biggest effect.

You know if you really look at and ponder our record, its bad.....but then you really ponder the notion that for THREE years we have struggled to kick extra points.....unreal.

Quietly, 99, you may have just made the most profound summation of the Dodge Era thus far.... in THREE YEARS, Todd Dodge has yet to master the Extra Point. UN-FREAKING-REAL.

We lost the Ark State game because of Kicking. We lost 26-30 with a missed FG of 37 yards and XP. Add those 4 point and were talking OT, not end of game.

Army game was the same. We lost 13-17 with a blocked FG of 33 yards and missed XP. The game was 13-10 when Knott missed an XP. Big difference in 14-10 and 13-10. The field goal would have put us up 17-10 with 5:29 left to play. Instead of up by 7 and kicking off (dont get me started on this), were up 4 and Army taking over from the 20. HUGE MOMENTUM SWING. Your defense plays different when you only have to defend the TD to lose the game, instead a FG would only have tied it.

MTSU GAME: Missed XP, Blocked FG (35 yrds), 2 kick off's that were out of bounds. We also passed up on a 45 yard field goal just before half because we knew Knott couldnt get the ball more than 5 feet in the air. We lost by 16, which making the kicks would have been down by 9. MTSU also scored on both drives that started at the 40 when Knott kicked the ball out of bounds.

I think most of the "blocked" FG's were because we couldnt clear the line of scrimmage on a kick with a trajectory of 5 feet. I think one actually hit the center in the back!!

We could have expected 2 or 3 more wins with a good kicker.

IF WE ONLY SIGN 1 RECRUIT THIS OFFSEASON, PLEASE GOD LET IT BE A GOOD KICKER! That will have the biggest effect.

Actually, if the defense had not given up 30 points to ASU, we could have won. Then the kicking game would not have mattered.

Same for Army. If we had stopped the long QB run, we win.

MTSU game: same story. Maybe not giving up 30 points in the first half would have helped.

Was the kicking game bad? Yes. Was this (2-10 season) all on Knott? No. There are coaches who are supposed to help players succeed. Where are they? If Knott was not the best option, whose responsibility is it to put in the best player?