University Of The Southwest (12/2/09)

CMJ

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be pessimistic, but we really need to beat Rice. Right now I can’t even conceive of this team beating A&M, and I don’t think 0-4 in nonconference road games played outside of the metroplex is indicative of a team that will win conference.

I am with you. I realize that certainly OSU, and to a lesser degree Boise, are great teams, but I really felt like those games were winnable. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but there is something missing right now.. Some games they give great effort, but have poor shooting.. other games, like Boise, they don't look energized... can't quite figure it out... I can only imagine how tough we will be if we have the post and guards playing their best at the same time... I had high expectations for this very winning OOC schedule... Hopefully we beat Rice, and I seriously doubt we'll win against A&M though I'll wake up that morning thinking we will...

I am with you. I realize that certainly OSU, and to a lesser degree Boise, are great teams, but I really felt like those games were winnable. I cannot quite put my finger on it, but there is something missing right now.. Some games they give great effort, but have poor shooting.. other games, like Boise, they don't look energized... can't quite figure it out... I can only imagine how tough we will be if we have the post and guards playing their best at the same time... I had high expectations for this very winning OOC schedule... Hopefully we beat Rice, and I seriously doubt we'll win against A&M though I'll wake up that morning thinking we will...

This just in... OSU lost by 20 to Tulsa tonight. :unsure:

It sounded like alot of kids to me, so I wasn't shocked to see over 1K.

I took my retired father to the game since nobody else could make it.

It was nice to see so many kids there... Thought I would have preferred to sit in my actual seats.

It was good to see bstnsportsfan from start to finish; students sort of just trickled in as noon classes ended, but there were a few who were there for the duration.

This just in... OSU lost by 20 to Tulsa tonight. :unsure:

That sucks big time... doesn't help our case at all......also, just goes to show how you get these "power conference teams" off of their home court and they are beatable... same thing happened at the Super Pit 2 years ago with OSU...

Evans was a beast, the kids were more excited than I've ever seen our fans, and most of th had no clue what was going on... Fun game, colin plays hard and had a nice steal to no look pass for an easy bucket... We seem really young, not just on paper but in our decision making and consistet effort...

We've got the talent it seems, just need to get some defensive intensity....