University Of The Southwest (12/2/09)

CMJ

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't able to give the game full attention because I'm at work, but we obviously didn't play our best out there. However, I was more concerned after the BSU game to be honest(our inability to build off the lead when I felt we had take control in the 2nd half). It's often hard for guys to get up against these NAIA type of teams. It'll give JJ something to scream at the guys about.

Edited by CMJ

Not sure you can tell much from a game like this, but it certainly wasn't the high scoring dunk fest for NT some envisioned. USW lost their last two games 77-111 to Southern Utah and 75-130 to Oklahoma Baptist. So a 91-62 victory does not look all that good. Not to mention Evans scoring 40 points on the Green despite being benched with over 3 minutes left. He could have broke the all time record for scoring at NT which I believe is 45. He averaged 20 per game prior to the NT game.

There was little defense by either team. If White hadn't had his A game, this game might have been in doubt.

Seems we have a lack of focus over the last couple of games. Maybe they need a pep talk from TD on how to close games?? (Just kidding...)

Seriously, this is concerning...the lack of focus before the SB starts.

Is JJ trying to mix things up too much? Seems like we should quickly figure out our starting rotation, stick with it, and keep a strong bench.

Seems we have a lack of focus over the last couple of games. Maybe they need a pep talk from TD on how to close games?? (Just kidding...)

Seriously, this is concerning...the lack of focus before the SB starts.

Is JJ trying to mix things up too much? Seems like we should quickly figure out our starting rotation, stick with it, and keep a strong bench.

This. I like 8, maybe 9 man rotations for college basketball...I think he's trying to work in waaaaaay too many players for regular minutes.

That...and no point guard = sloppy and unfocused play.