Dunbar

jtm0097

I know there were a lot of negatives on the year about this football season, but Lance Dunbar had a hell of a season. He was 9th in the nation with 1,378 rushing yards, 7th in touchdowns with 17, and 7th in yards per carry with 6.9 .

Was he a Soph or a Redshirt Frosh this year?

George said on the Radio yesterday, Dunbar has the 3rd best Single season rushing in UNT history and in only 9 games?

I was hoping that someone could confirm this one, I am not sure I heard it correctly.

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 1

George said on the Radio yesterday, Dunbar has the 3rd best Single season rushing in UNT history and in only 6 games?

I was hoping that someone could confirm this one, I am not sure I heard it correctly.

I believe he has played in every game this season. I forget which game he became starter--was it MUTS?

I expect to see Lance on either the 1st or 2nd All-Conference team and Jamaal Jackson on the 2nd or 3rd team. I think that Jackson is leading the conference in receptions.

If he is not on the first team, it will be a travesty. Most good players on bad teams are ignored, but it will be hard to do that with the leading rusher and scorer in the conference. I doubt NT has any other first team players but Jackson, Santiago, and Robertson may get second team nods.

• Upvote 1

Guest GrayEagleOne

I believe he has played in every game this season. I forget which game he became starter--was it MUTS?

He became a starter at the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns but his first 100 yard game was against MUTS (in only 5 carries). He did play in every game.

What outstanding talent at UNT....he is only a sample of the talent we will be getting with the new stadium and hopefullly a good coach. I think the future for UNT football is the best ever I have seen in 35 yrs....the admin is in place to take us to the promised land...new stadium...backers with Bucks and 35,000 students in the DFW area....sweet....now for a coach.