If A New Head Coach Is Hired

KingDL1

I like Dodge, and I am kind of on the fence with this whole thing but I think it is too late anyway I figure the decision is probably already made.

So would you support a new Head Coach and his staff? Or would you get mad that TD was gone?

Edited by KingDL1

Yes, I would support a new head coach (and would support Todd Dodge if he remains head coach), but actually the premise of the thread seems flawed. This forum (mostly) consists of North Texas fans. If people began following North Texas football because of Todd Dodge and only because of Dodge, they're not really North Texas fans. On the other hand, it won't be enough for us in the future to only keep "loyal" fans; we have to start bringing in the fans who will come because we win games. Even dedicated fans, or those students who are good prospects to become dedicated fans, become frustrated from lack of watching our team win.

Edited by eulessismore

Yes, but actually the premise of the thread seems flawed. This forum (mostly) consists of North Texas fans. If people began following North Texas football because of Todd Dodge and only because of Dodge, they're not really North Texas fans. On the other hand, it won't be enough for us in the future to only keep "loyal" fans; we have to start bringing in the fans who will come because we win games. Even dedicated fans, or those students who are good prospects to become dedicated fans, become frustrated from lack of watching our team win.

I am sure it is completely flawed, but some are against Dodge getting the axe and others can't wait I just wanted to make sure we all want the same thing in the end and that is success.

another daily poll on getting rid of Coach Dodge???? how original.

does this not get a little boring?

You are correct this is drivel of the worst kind, but it does point out we are all still UNT fans regardless of how we feel about the current coach. Also I am not really for getting rid Dodge I think he probably can do it in the long run, I don't know if I would bet next year is his break out year. So I can see the other side of the coin where people don't feel there has been enough improvement in three years, either way this thing goes down given TD's record at UNT I think he has been treated fairly. I believe he needed a minimum of 4 wins this year to guarantee himself a fourth year, and for all we know he still gets a fourth year. Maybe it comes down to a win tomorrow I don't know for sure and I don't make the decisions obviously.

I think an even better question might be ......"Would you continue to support the program even if a new coach is not hired". My answer to both questions would be "Yes" but with a new coach I could do it with a lot more enthusiasm.

I agree a new hire would bring much more enthusiasm to this program, and I am on board with Dodge as well but cautiously so, would want the rest of the High school coaches gone. I think the new Stadium has brought a lot more play in to this decision then we are used to seeing.

I agree a new hire would bring much more enthusiasm to this program, and I am on board with Dodge as well but cautiously so, would want the rest of the High school coaches gone. I think the new Stadium has brought a lot more play in to this decision then we are used to seeing.

Where is the money coming from with a $78 million Stadium committment? The talent is there for a new coach, but who can get the chemistry needed to be a winner. Good teams don't fold in adversity. See UT last night. Our teams of the last 5 years would have folded like a tent in those situations. I really thought Riley could provide leadership, but he is much more of the problem than the solution. His "WE CAME HERE TO TURN AROUND THIS PROGRAM" has had nothing but a shallow arrogance to it. It is obvious that SMU and UT got the solid SLC players that refuse to lose in Padron and Newton. As was the rap that Spencer Stack ( offensive player of the year and state champ @ F M Marcus) used to get, Riley is " a product of the system" and the college game learned to defense the "system" long before he arrived. The optimism of the Todd Dodge era is a faint memory. I hoped beyond hope that it would succeed, but until our leaders at UNT decide they want the BEST not the CHEAPEST we can only expect more of the same.

Where is the money coming from with a $78 million Stadium committment? The talent is there for a new coach, but who can get the chemistry needed to be a winner. Good teams don't fold in adversity. See UT last night. Our teams of the last 5 years would have folded like a tent in those situations. I really thought Riley could provide leadership, but he is much more of the problem than the solution. His "WE CAME HERE TO TURN AROUND THIS PROGRAM" has had nothing but a shallow arrogance to it. It is obvious that SMU and UT got the solid SLC players that refuse to lose in Padron and Newton. As was the rap that Spencer Stack ( offensive player of the year and state champ @ F M Marcus) used to get, Riley is " a product of the system" and the college game learned to defense the "system" long before he arrived. The optimism of the Todd Dodge era is a faint memory. I hoped beyond hope that it would succeed, but until our leaders at UNT decide they want the BEST not the CHEAPEST we can only expect more of the same.

I don't think Cheapest will be a problem if the rumors I heard were correct last week, sounded like the financial game may have changed some, but who knows rumors are still rumors until we see official announcements. I am betting Monday or Tuesday.