Sort Of A Surprise

SUMG

the coaching similarities/situations are eerie. CO fan is not happy and as frustrated as us!

GMG

Some is similar:

"Dan represents the university's values on and off the field, and his team has been competitive this year," DiStefano said. "He has done all that we have asked him to do, and although we all desire more victories, we also recognize starting over with a new coach right now takes us away from, not closer to, our goals for CU football." Hawkins' job status had come under heavy scrutiny as the Buffaloes have posted a 3-8 season, although three of their losses have come by seven points or less.

Some is much different:

Several published reports indicate it would cost Colorado more than $3 million to fire Hawkins.

Some is similar:

"Dan represents the university's values on and off the field, and his team has been competitive this year," DiStefano said. "He has done all that we have asked him to do, and although we all desire more victories, we also recognize starting over with a new coach right now takes us away from, not closer to, our goals for CU football." Hawkins' job status had come under heavy scrutiny as the Buffaloes have posted a 3-8 season, although three of their losses have come by seven points or less.

Some is much different:

Several published reports indicate it would cost Colorado more than $3 million to fire Hawkins.

Not to mention that Dodge has yet to prove himself on this level where as Hawkins has.

I was referring to the emotional state of the program and it's fans - not the leaders of the team. No comparison between dodge the coach and hawkins the coach. But they and we are in similar modes as to how we feel right now - do you invest or cut the line? Rebuild or infuse more trust. My friend who is a buff fan has the same questions and saturday frustrations we do - they dislike the son one moment and the coach even more the next. its just a weird situation for both programs with the coach/son relationships, losing losing losing and fanbases lost, unsure of what to do, what they can do (support don't support) and are ready to explode!

GMG

I was referring to the emotional state of the program and it's fans - not the leaders of the team. No comparison between dodge the coach and hawkins the coach. But they and we are in similar modes as to how we feel right now - do you invest or cut the line? Rebuild or infuse more trust. My friend who is a buff fan has the same questions and saturday frustrations we do - they dislike the son one moment and the coach even more the next. its just a weird situation for both programs with the coach/son relationships, losing losing losing and fanbases lost, unsure of what to do, what they can do (support don't support) and are ready to explode!

GMG

I think the issue here has never really been about Dan and his coaching ability, but more of "silver spooning" his son into the starting QB role. Cody Hawkins is NOT a FBS caliber player, period. You think the Dodge's have pissed some people off here, just take a look at CU and the Hawkins clan. Wow. At least Riley is a legitimate D1 athlete.

• Upvote 1

I think the issue here has never really been about Dan and his coaching ability, but more of "silver spooning" his son into the starting QB role. Cody Hawkins is NOT a FBS caliber player, period. You think the Dodge's have pissed some people off here, just take a look at CU and the Hawkins clan. Wow. At least Riley is a legitimate D1 athlete.

D1 Athlete yes. D1 Quarterback no.

Mack Brown might disagree with you on that.

Was recruited as an Athlete by just about every BCS school. Brown told him he would have a chance to compete at QB, but would not promise to keep him at that position. That sounds to me like a concession to Riley.

I like Riley and think he could be an above average QB here if he could ever learn how to protect the ball, both running and throwing. But don't ever expect him to stretch the field against anyone. If he is here next year, expect to see many a deep ball thrown behind Mr. Stradford and Mr. Cole.