Which Consultant Should Assist Rv In Picking A New Coach

UNT_playmaker

I am actually excited that a PAID CONSULTANT can come in here and do some work on this program and highlight what needs to be done and how to approach it.

I would like to see Gene Stallings, Hayden Fry, or a good ole Texan come in here and fire everyone up and shake things around.

What do you think Mean Green Nation?

I think keep the current coach. If he sucks next year you can open the stadium with the excitement of a new coach. If you fire Dodge now and the new coach sux next year, we may open the new stadium to little fanfare

I think a new coach sends the right message & will excite our fanbase. Another 2-10 season would be devastating.

I am actually excited that a PAID CONSULTANT can come in here and do some work on this program and highlight what needs to be done and how to approach it.

I would like to see Gene Stallings, Hayden Fry, or a good ole Texan come in here and fire everyone up and shake things around.

Consultants are vastly over-rated. Use of a consultant in a lot of cases is just an indication that folks are reluctant to make decisions.

Consultants are vastly over-rated. Use of a consultant in a lot of cases is just an indication that folks are reluctant to make decisions.

In a case like this, the only reason for a "consultant" would be to have someone to blame if the new coach didn't work out. Like all ADs, RV has a short list of coaches for all sports ready at all times.

More importantly, while I am sure he will be keeping that list updated, I don't believe he is going to be pulling a new football coach off that list this year.

How about a thread about how different the program would have been if Rod Rust had managed a winning season in '72?

Edited by VideoEagle

I think you've already started a consultant loving thread. You have a man crush on some consultant somewhere. Most of the rest of the world just see consultants in the same light as corporate CEO's and politicians.

What in hell are you talking about? Did I miss the breaking news story about the official status of Coach Dodge's job?

I think that Dodge's prospects have gotten better at remaining the HC at UNT for another year since Playmaker is so sure that he won't be back.

I really dont know if he will be back or not, but speculation is that he will be released, Dodgie himself mentioned that he doesnt believe that he will be back, a college football coach would never say that, because it could cost him in recruiting.

Also every thread on the first page of the football forum is in regards to coaching changes, who the new hire should be, and other teams firing their coaches.

I would like to see assistant athletic director Hank Dickenson involved in the process of finding the next coach. Hank makes it a point of knowing the players. He understands the players and they really like and RESPECT Hank as well.

I really dont know if he will be back or not, but speculation is that he will be released, Dodgie himself mentioned that he doesnt believe that he will be back, a college football coach would never say that, because it could cost him in recruiting.

I think you misinterpret the comment.

"I really don't know," Dodge said. "I will sit down with coach Villarreal when the season is over with. At this point I don't know. He will let me know."

That means he doesn't know, not that he does not think he will be back. If your company is doing poorly and the possiblity of layoffs comes up, you would say the same thing.

There sure are a lot of Texans to choose from. Who's got ideas. Personally, I'd like to nominate Mike Peters of Liverpool, TX. He's the mayor, seems to be a good dude, and oh good god.

Any other ideas?

There sure are a lot of Texans to choose from. Who's got ideas. Personally, I'd like to nominate Mike Peters of Liverpool, TX. He's the mayor, seems to be a good dude, and oh good god.

Any other ideas?

Well, Tom Schieffer, formerly with the MLB Texas Rangers management during the George W. Bush partial ownership era, just quit the gubernatorial race yesterday, and he may have plenty of spare time. He's been named in one of the all time famous (infamous?) sports transactions to come out of the Lone Star State:

Washington Times: Dubya not really to blame in Sammy Sosa trade.

How you got into this school amazes me...