For All The De Loach Bashers Out There

MeanGreen61

Sad when your local beat writer continues to stir the pot. The dude says in one blog to put Dodge on a lawnmower until he decides what to do. I say remove Vito from covering the football team and give him his own comic section in the paper. After all he has the head for it. DeLoach is a good coach who also could use about three play makers on the defensive side of the ball. Those players are coming. Give it another year people.

Sad when your local beat writer continues to stir the pot. The dude says in one blog to put Dodge on a lawnmower until he decides what to do. I say remove Vito from covering the football team and give him his own comic section in the paper. After all he has the head for it. DeLoach is a good coach who also could use about three play makers on the defensive side of the ball. Those players are coming. Give it another year people.

So when did UNT start paying Vito's salary???

• Upvote 1

I don't know of anyone who's been ENTIRELY blaming DeLoach, as Vito would indicate, but it's little surprise to me he would throw out that strawman. DeLoach's D has been a joke this season, and no game against Army (ranked 115) and their archaic offense is going to change that simple fact.

I don't think DeLoach is the problem, but the "no excuses" crowd sure rises up to defend our terrible D.

For the record, our offense, defense, and special teams all suck. If they didn't, we would've won more than a couple of games.

I see your point but TD also started this crap in Year #1 with his a$$ kissing to the FWST rather than the local newspaper. As pointed out previously Vito is not paid for by UNT, unlike the SID.

I hope your right about the playmakers coming but can the COACHES make the right calls to put these players in the right schemes and play calling to pronounce their strengths?

So, we have to score 37 points a game to win!! Happy Trails to the DC.

Vitto . How many points did the Offense Avg. if it is less than 37. The problem is the Defense. <_<

You are smarter than that!!! Thats why we have a score board.

You couldn't be more right. Ignoring the entire gist of the blog entry, that the defense often gives up points as a DIRECT result of wonder boy's miscues on offense, is about what I would expect. I like to do that too...ignore whatever is written and continue to push my agenda with abandon. I'm still pissed at J.K. Rowling for not including wizards in her books!!!

I can hope you are also a fan of some other sport. Having a clue in at least one athletic arena could do you good.

Get Johnny Jones to come out and say Dodge is a good coach and you'll see Vito flip around on his point of view real quick. Much like it would be impossible for him to come up with a story idea without this board, he has lost all objectivity when it comes to Dodge.

Edited by CorinthEagle

Guest GrayEagleOne

I'd like to think that the last two games mean that we have turned a corner defensively but we were so bad for so long how can we be sure? Vito fails to mention that while our scoring defense has improved there are still only six teams in the country that are worse. Our four interceptions is the lowest in Division 1-A. Our 12 gain on interceptions/fumble recoveries puts us in the bottom 10.

I watched one of the worst offenses in the nation play an entire half against us without having to turn it over on downs, punt or be forced into a turnover. In other words they scored every time that they had the ball. Absolutely the worst defensive performance that I've seen in more than 200 North Texas games.

While Dodge must shoulder the blame for our team's performance he is not in it alone. Other than the running backs and possibly the wide receivers, none of the positions have performed at an acceptable level.

I like to do that too...ignore whatever is written and continue to push my agenda with abandon.

Sounds like our current liberal congress.

There has been bright spots on both sides of the ball for us and 10 points per game improvement is worth mentioning for sure. One example that I remember most, and one most everyone forgets was in the Troy game. Troy went up 17-0 early. At the start of the 2nd quarter we get on the board when Tune hooked up twice with Outlaw for two long gains and Dunbar punched it in, 17-7 Troy. The next series our defense forces Troy into a 3 and out. Our O drives to the Troy 43 and faced yet another 4th and 1. And of course as has been the case for three years now, we try making that 1 with a hand off 5 yards deep against the fastest D line in the conference. Troy takes over and in a matter of about 5 minutes it's 24-7.

I thought that was a great stand by our defense. Why they couldn't duplicate it the next series I don't know why? But it showed me something, and considering how poor we have been in the past, something's worth something.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Sounds like our current liberal congress.

There has been bright spots on both sides of the ball for us and 10 points per game improvement is worth mentioning for sure. One example that I remember most, and one most everyone forgets was in the Troy game. Troy went up 17-0 early. At the start of the 2nd quarter we get on the board when Tune hooked up twice with Outlaw for two long gains and Dunbar punched it in, 17-7 Troy. The next series our defense forces Troy into a 3 and out. Our O drives to the Troy 43 and faced yet another 4th and 1. And of course as has been the case for three years now, we try making that 1 with a hand off 5 yards deep against the fastest D line in the conference. Troy takes over and in a matter of about 5 minutes it's 24-7.

I thought that was a great stand by our defense. Why they couldn't duplicate it the next series I don't know why? But it showed me something, and considering how poor we have been in the past, something's worth something.

Rick

It's easier defending a long field than a short one?