Could Saturday Have Been Todd Dodge's Last Stand At Fouts?

UNTflyer

2. A lack of success.

UNT is 5-30 in the Dodge era. This school fired Darrell Dickey, a four-time Sun Belt coach of the year, for a run that was not nearly as bad in terms of an overall record.

Darrell Dickey was fired for more than just his record. he had an attitude, a piss-poor OC he wouldn't fire, and did not capitalize on a very good 4 yr run. Darrell Dickey got a fourth season despite going 3-8, 2-9, and 3-8 in his first 3 seasons. Dodge started his fourth year at 0-5 before the conference winning streak started. I think one more year is fair. If he doesn't get it done next year, then by all means let him go.

Darrell Dickey was fired for more than just his record. he had an attitude, a piss-poor OC he wouldn't fire, and did not capitalize on a very good 4 yr run. Darrell Dickey got a fourth season despite going 3-8, 2-9, and 3-8 in his first 3 seasons. Dodge started his fourth year at 0-5 before the conference winning streak started. I think one more year is fair. If he doesn't get it done next year, then by all means let him go.

Should they wait till the end of the season though to let him go? I would hate for the players to have to wear all black uniforms. :ph34r:

Darrell Dickey got a fourth season despite going 3-8, 2-9, and 3-8 in his first 3 seasons. Dodge started his fourth year at 0-5 before the conference winning streak started. I think one more year is fair. If he doesn't get it done next year, then by all means let him go.

the athletic department didn't need to raise $30 mil from sponsors and donors in dickey's fourth year like it will next year in what would be dodge's fourth season. much easier to ask for donations when the donors are happy.

To me the best reason for having Todd Dodge back in 2010 is problem it would cause with the high school coaches of the state if he is dismissed. They would probably see a dismissal at the end of this year as one where Dodge did not get enough time to turn around a bad program. He has a tremendous following among the high school coaches in Texas. One year from now after he has had four full years to impliment his program might be a better time to make the decision to let him go.

the athletic department didn't need to raise $30 mil from sponsors and donors in dickey's fourth year like it will next year in what would be dodge's fourth season. much easier to ask for donations when the donors are happy.

Despite his record, Dodge is about the best person you could have when you need to raise money. Think of all the wealthy families and connections he has. His college coaching recored may be poor but he is still regarded as one of the best quarterback coaches and motivational speakers around. In addition, he is a great recruiter, he could sell a freezer to a penguin(name your saying).

To me the best reason for having Todd Dodge back in 2010 is problem it would cause with the high school coaches of the state if he is dismissed. They would probably see a dismissal at the end of this year as one where Dodge did not get enough time to turn around a bad program. He has a tremendous following among the high school coaches in Texas. One year from now after he has had four full years to impliment his program might be a better time to make the decision to let him go.

Really? If that's true, then why do we have to go to Mississippi and Lousiana to get our D-Linemen?

I don't see 4 star recruits breaking down our door to sign on, or many 3 star either.

Unless Mack Brown or Bob Stoops takes the reigns of our program, or we're invited into the Big XII or SEC, I don't see that happening very much anytime soon anyway. IMO, TD has brought about the best caliber athletes here that could be expected for a floundering program in the weakest D1 conference in America. Now, if we could just bring him up to speed on the game day coaching issues...... :blink: